Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to expect after surgery
Well, I might as well give my two sence.

It sounds like things are going well. I am not sure I would have gotten an attorney so soon. However; what is done is done.

You are being very smart. Meaning, conserving your money. That is a very wise move at this point. Even thou you have an attorney. I will advise that you don't get complacent. You are looking for info and I suggest that you continue to do such.

I/we do not know your husband complete condition. Only due to the limited info you provided. The surgery my be successful and your husband will be able to continue with his work life. At the same time, it may not relieve his symptoms. As Jayne has mentioned. Hers did not go well. My fusion was lumbar and even though it did not relieve all my symptoms. It did allow me to walk again. Maybe with a limp, but I do walk.

No one can answer the question of settlement. There are to many variables at play. I do wish him the best possible outcome.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Welcome to the forum!
Is your husband seeing a neurosurgeon on the cervical spine injury?

My injuries are, bilateral knees, lumbar spine, right carpal tunnel. I also have a cervical spine injury not related to work comp

My work accident was 2005, and I just recently received treatment for the lumbar spine, work comp moves at the pace of a turtle!

My cervical injury is a hernation at C5-6 with pressure on the cord and a displaced nerve root as it enter the foreman. I am trying physical therapy with traction to try and prevent surgery/ ACDF.

Good Luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical Spine second surgery (What to expect?) smith.daniel@centurylink.net 2 1,707 07-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help