Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screwed by insurance co
hello all
we are desperate for help
my husband was in an accident at work and as a result had surgery on his neck replacing several of his vertibra and then shoulder surgery. He has been in pain ever since. his pain is so severe he can't do much of anything. He's on morphine, but doesn't help. He's had injections, but didn't help. Now the insurance co. says he must go through strengtheing therapy. He goes through weeks of this only for them to say the insurance co. and the physical therapists say me must do more because he's not doing good enough. We cannot get out of this cycle. The therapy is causing him to be in a dangerous pain, and harming him more than helping, but no one will listen. The insurance co. says he must go, or they will not pay his weekly checks.'
if he stops or refuses to do something that is harming him they say he is being uncompliant. They are trying to prove that "on morphine" he can return back to work. Who can go to work like that. They are saying with the proper theraphy he won't be disabled. They are full of XXXX/ What can we do? Please help. He is in so much pain and we have no one to turn to... Can you help

if you have contrary medical evidence your husband can take it to the comp court for a decision.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

do you have an atty ? if not get one! i am not the biggest advocate for attys but in an instance such as wc i have began to start advocating them! no one is gonna look out for your husbands best interests ! hiring an atty who knows the rules and regulation pertaining your state could help in fighting the ic ! they truly dont care about "pain" they are there to get you back to work anbd off their system! and your husband is not a person in their eyes he is simply a number ($) . not all cases are this way but so far i havent seen to many that aren't! good luck best wishes for a pain free day!

your husband needs a good lawyer now to fight for him.....before more damage is done...talk to several before you hire one
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

everybody has given you the best advise, find a lawyer soon. But do talk to several to make sure you get one that is going to be in your corner for the fight. Your husband is only a dollar figure to them and will try anything to be able to stop paying him. Please don't let them hurt him any more. One thing is don't expect a lawyer to stop his pain the day you hire him, this is not going to be an easy road but you need to get him the help he needs. Not the extra trouble WC wants to give him. We will say a prayer for your family

littlecindylouhoo Wrote:hello all
we are desperate for help
my husband was in an accident at work and as a result had surgery on his neck replacing several of his vertibra and then shoulder surgery. He has been in pain ever since. his pain is so severe he can't do much of anything. He's on morphine, but doesn't help. He's had injections, but didn't help. Now the insurance co. says he must go through strengtheing therapy. He goes through weeks of this only for them to say the insurance co. and the physical therapists say me must do more because he's not doing good enough. We cannot get out of this cycle. The therapy is causing him to be in a dangerous pain, and harming him more than helping, but no one will listen. The insurance co. says he must go, or they will not pay his weekly checks.'
if he stops or refuses to do something that is harming him they say he is being uncompliant. They are trying to prove that "on morphine" he can return back to work. Who can go to work like that. They are saying with the proper theraphy he won't be disabled. They are full of XXXX/ What can we do? Please help. He is in so much pain and we have no one to turn to... Can you help

backpainfla Wrote:do you have an atty ? if not get one! i am not the biggest advocate for attys but in an instance such as wc i have began to start advocating them! no one is gonna look out for your husbands best interests ! hiring an atty who knows the rules and regulation pertaining your state could help in fighting the ic ! they truly dont care about "pain" they are there to get you back to work anbd off their system! and your husband is not a person in their eyes he is simply a number ($) . not all cases are this way but so far i havent seen to many that aren't! good luck best wishes for a pain free day!

We do have an Attorney, but I think all he can see is dollar signs. He's claiming my husband has to do all that the insurance says, or they will find him incompliant and not be able to reach a settlement. Even his Dr. after one day writing in his chart that the therapy would not be good for him changed his mind after having a conversation with the insurance company. My husband is dying in pain and no one cares. Your right it's all about the buck. Now what?

we do have an Attorney, but I think all he can see is dollar signs. He's claiming my husband has to do all that the insurance says, or they will find him imcompliant and not be able to reach a settlement. Even his Dr. after one day writing in his chart that the theraphy would not be good for him, changed his mind after having a conversation with the insurance compamy. My husband is dying in pain and no one cares. Your right it's all about the buck. Now what?

many times when comp insurance denies benefits, private health insurance will pick it up.
if your husband doesn't trust the atty, he should begin looking for another.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screwed over 2 times, Too many Garbman21 1 2,502 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  I think I screwed up totally, Now what to do?? In Tennessee Tizz 6 7,879 10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Screwed In TEXAS mjob2206 10 10,175 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ms.broken wing 07
  my boss screwed me cwindom0117 5 8,628 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  i got screwed pavilion212 12 9,905 01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Screwed again... pote2002 16 8,173 01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  i got screwed palmtreesandparakeets 18 8,971 01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  What should I do, already being screwed mjm44 9 5,359 11-22-2007, 06:49 AM