Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back injury PA
Have been on the sidelines reading your threads and just had to jump in.Injured my back in 06,had a surgery,L3,4 returned to work in 08,hurt again and having TLIF in Jan.Just went for my IRE,Dr.said he may not be able to rate me due to upcoming surgery.What can I expect as far as recovery time after this surgery?This ins. co.has been driving me insane since my injury,would like to just settle it and resume my life.Thanks for any advise.

Most of the time with a back injury and surgery it's not as easy as settle this and return to your life. Sad to say but true. If they are going to do another surgery a rating will not do much now. Sorry I can't help much on the recovery time. Hurt my back in 05 have not had any surgery on it other then a SCS and I will not be returning to work. Do I wish I had my life back? You bet but it's just not that easy. Would like to be settled up with WC and SSDI so I know where I'm at so I can get on with what is left of my life. I wish you the best in getting back to as normal a life as you can.

jondog Wrote:Have been on the sidelines reading your threads and just had to jump in.Injured my back in 06,had a surgery,L3,4 returned to work in 08,hurt again and having TLIF in Jan.Just went for my IRE,Dr.said he may not be able to rate me due to upcoming surgery.What can I expect as far as recovery time after this surgery?This ins. co.has been driving me insane since my injury,would like to just settle it and resume my life.Thanks for any advise.

Jon - TLIF - I would expect a year to be as good as your gonna get. I have had two fusions. One traditional L-4/L-5 then I had a 360 degree fusion L-4/L-5 revision with L-5/S-1 added in. Back surgeries take a long time to recover from and if you push it, you may do more damage than good. I just recently had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to control the pain about 6 months ago.

My last fusion was over a year ago and I'm still not releaed by docs as MMI -

Good luck!!

Dina

nursedina Wrote:
jondog Wrote:Have been on the sidelines reading your threads and just had to jump in.Injured my back in 06,had a surgery,L3,4 returned to work in 08,hurt again and having TLIF in Jan.Just went for my IRE,Dr.said he may not be able to rate me due to upcoming surgery.What can I expect as far as recovery time after this surgery?This ins. co.has been driving me insane since my injury,would like to just settle it and resume my life.Thanks for any advise.

Jon - TLIF - I would expect a year to be as good as your gonna get. I have had two fusions. One traditional L-4/L-5 then I had a 360 degree fusion L-4/L-5 revision with L-5/S-1 added in. Back surgeries take a long time to recover from and if you push it, you may do more damage than good. I just recently had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to control the pain about 6 months ago.

My last fusion was over a year ago and I'm still not releaed by docs as MMI -

Good luck!!

Dina

Thanks for the reply,at least I found this site where you can relate to people who have been there/done that.

Thanks for the reply,at least I found this site where you can relate to people who have been there/done that.
[/quote]

No problem - if you have any questions, feel free to PM me - a great site for back injuries is called Spine-Health.com.

They have a great forum section and it covers every kind of issue you can imagine from insurance to pain mgmt, to fusions, to emotional problems. Great site, I highly recommend it. that site got me through my surgeries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 503 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,337 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  Back Injury Settlement backprobs 6 6,815 09-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back injury LPallet 2 3,162 04-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 3,568 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Back Injury...pls help aceiam 8 7,228 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: aceiam
  Back Injury Workers Comp. tjones288 9 13,876 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Robby
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,344 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
At Back injury in sc dken 6 5,873 11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dken
  back injury rickandsandy 5 5,047 10-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501