Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
had QME APPT
#1
HELLO everyone thanks for your help
I had my qme APPT 2 weeks ago,and I had all my documents
from the other doctors mri, nerve tests, etc etc,
and for some reason this qme doctor refused to look at my documents.
he told me he would request documents from my atty.
I honestly believe this qme doctor didnt take the time,
to exam my injuries, i was in there for about 6 minutes.
my primary doctor rated my mmi at 25% disabled as a whole person.
he put down a lot of restrictrions, like not standing or sitting down .
for more then 3 hours of a regular shift. no bending, no lifting
more then 10 lbs,what can I expect now?
how long will it be before I go to court for settlement of my case?
the surgeon told me yesterday that the only way i can improve.
is by me having a 3 level spinal fussion,I heard horror stories
about this kind of surgery, anyone has any recomendations?
tired and sick of the wc system....thanks God bless
 
Reply
#2
you don't have to go to court to settle.
you have to wait 30 days for the QME report unless they file for an extension.
you need to decide on surgery.
if you go forward with it you will not be at MMI and will have to wait for another rating after the surgery.

the PD can get finalized but there is no way to predict if you'll be able to negotiate a lumpsum buyout (Compromise & Release) as both parties have to agree.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.
 
Reply
#3
1171 Wrote:you don't have to go to court to settle.
you have to wait 30 days for the QME report unless they file for an extension.
you need to decide on surgery.
if you go forward with it you will not be at MMI and will have to wait for another rating after the surgery.

the PD can get finalized but there is no way to predict if you'll be able to negotiate a lumpsum buyout (Compromise & Release) as both parties have to agree.

thanks 1171, if I refuse to have surgery at this time would it be part of negotiations to have my medical open so I can have the surgery
down the road later?honestly I still can move around with my cane
and medications,Iam afraid that after surgery things
would only be worst, as I have seen it in other people,
 
Reply
#4
yes.
but obviously they will discount those costs substantially as the probability is reduced.

failure to appreciate the risks and too much faith in unpredictable medicine has been the bane of many desperate patients.
you seem to still have good reasoning ability.
I wish more would visit Special Olympics before deciding what they can live with and what they can't.
few can imagine the possibilities without bias.

If there is any possibility you will have the surgery, don't buyout the medical.
if it goes wrong you want it to be on their dime.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.
 
Reply
#5
1171 Wrote:yes.
but obviously they will discount those costs substantially as the probability is reduced.

failure to appreciate the risks and too much faith in unpredictable medicine has been the bane of many desperate patients.
you seem to still have good reasoning ability.
I wish more would visit Special Olympics before deciding what they can live with and what they can't.
few can imagine the possibilities without bias.

If there is any possibility you will have the surgery, don't buyout the medical.
if it goes wrong you want it to be on their dime.

thanks so much for your valuable opinion.
the way I see it, I will continue to live like this,
walking around with a cane and medications
I would consider the surgery ONLY
if I was going to get worse,like not being able to walk
or get out of my bed,then I would go for it
but for now I refuse to give up the freedom I got
without a wheel chair!thanks again!
 
Reply
#6
some other ideas to consider:

if you keep open medical then you also have ability to change your PD rating and/or possibly restart TD should you get worse - within 5yrs of your date of injury.
you may be able to buyout (C&R) even after a PD award with open medical--
but obviously value changes as PD is paid out and medical usage history is established.

Be Well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question First Drs. Appt! How to prep? kp121 4 599 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Last Post: 1171
  MPN APPT.? FUTURE MED CA. beaverc 2 1,859 07-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MMI Appt for Rating bluewolph13 8 6,257 08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: 1171
  What to do about dr appt Lostinsystem 1 3,211 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Need Help with QME Phsyc Appt CA jharrison 5 7,576 11-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  SS Disability appt grumpyone 7 8,300 11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  had QME APPT, highdesertguy 0 2,962 09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  QME DOCTOR APPT highdesertguy 7 10,745 09-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  IME appt queenbee 1 3,476 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  unemployment and dr.appt missmelody 2 3,675 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: blake

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)