Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security...Question
Alright I am going to make the big jump and start the paper work and apply. But I have a question first.

I seen where Sweet Tooth says in her post she was waiting for an apply for her SSA. And then I see where people talk about SSI.. SSD..SSDI. Can you guys please tell me the difference of all these.
And please talk in normal talk...no big words that my little brain can't understand....lol I have been to some websites that was no help.

Monster you ready to do this....

I have to tell you my attorney and I talked today...and he is like get it done...you need it. He has agreed to help me if I need it. And he is a Work Comp attorney...not a SS attorney...so I thought that was nice of him. So I will be working on that all next week.....Bless RED's heart she says she will help me through the process....now if RED can't do it...no one can......lol. RIGHT?

laughing...wow...I have a lot to live up too...but here is the difference as I understand it...

I have a web site that tells it all..... in easy terms...

http://www.brownandcrouppen.com/social_s...ility.html

Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Spring, I think you ( hmm, I mean "WE") can apply online, not sure though. I start school next week so not sure when I will get to it, but don't yell at me as 'I am sensitive' LOL Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Spring I would suggest you do it on line. When you go to your local office, have copies of your medical records. SSI = social security insurance. Approvale is based on liquid assests. SSD/SSDI = social security disability insurance.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

red1030 Wrote:laughing...wow...I have a lot to live up too...but here is the difference as I understand it...

I have a web site that tells it all..... in easy terms...

http://www.brownandcrouppen.com/social_s...ility.html

Red

Thank you Red...I have the site saved. But I have your phone number on speed dial.....lol.

monster Wrote:Spring, I think you ( hmm, I mean "WE") can apply online, not sure though. I start school next week so not sure when I will get to it, but don't yell at me as 'I am sensitive' LOL Smile

Monster I can understand if right now isn't the right time for you. Don't worry I'm not a yeller....I just get give.....lol.

laughing...you are too much...love you loads...friends Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

AQA Wrote:Spring I would suggest you do it on line. When you go to your local office, have copies of your medical records. SSI = social security insurance. Approvale is based on liquid assests. SSD/SSDI = social security disability insurance.

AQA, Thank you for the info. I have copies of all of my medical records..so atleast that will save me some time. Will go see if I can find the online forms....I am guessing they are at the SSD site.

http://www.ssa.gov/online/
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

[attachment=196]

Spring I sent you a lot of web sites. The main web site that is very important to understand in how it relates to you is the one with the blue book. The blue book is Social Security's Bible...I will leave them here also for everyone to have....

I wrote this up to help me understand the process of SS when I was applying... since there are two threads here speaking about SS I thought I would leave this as an attachment.

1. Process
2. Disability Definitions
3. How determinations are reached.
4. Medical...but for someone with MS. You can get what you need to know from the blue book sites.. they have them for every sitaution that may result in a disability. I hope this helps some. Red

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 4 5,101 07-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 5,598 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 11,855 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 17,092 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 13,368 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 4,389 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 16,314 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 8,252 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Social Security, something odd Bummer Knees 20 8,714 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly