Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mediation questions ?
i have just been notified that i have a mediation set for nov i havent yet been given a mmi rating yet i go back to the nuero in oct to discuss fce findings and mmi rating! im really not interested in a settlement money is not that important to me i feel i can make that little bit of money in no time with a good back! can i get treatment for my back problems for the rest of my life instead of money? i am currently what they have said as non surgical but my thoughts are im on alot of money a month in maintanance meds and what if this gets worse one day and i now need some type of surgery? im just worried that they will try to get me to settle and i will be screwed the rest of my life! i know my attys will want me to settle because it means money to them! but they have told me i cannot get ssdi because my fce states i am working at a medium capacity handling level ! but the findings are very contradictary it also states that although patient failed fce he did attempt everything asked and did put forth effort! and in many places states did not put forth maxiumum effort! i am very confused but i want all my guns loaded any input is greatly appreciated!

no one has went to mediation? or is long term medical not an option? also i was told yesterday that i have to be out of work for a year to file for ssdi but my injury happenend in oct 09 i was put on no work in july 10

lifetime medical is not standard in florida comp cases.
http://www.jcc.state.fl.us/JCC/resources...sh_web.wmv
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

why is it not standard? does this mean its impossible? and why am i at mmi if it hasnt gotten any better? i understand them saying im non surgical but the pain hasnt subsided i still have pain everyday some worse than others but pain none the less! and im still waiting to get my neck looked at! sorry for all the questions but this whole system is frustrating and confusing!

MMI means max medical improvement so that doesn't mean you will not get worse it just means they are saying you as good as your going to get

From what you wrote now and in the past, I will voice my opinion.

You were treated and many types of treatments were tried, yet helped you only a little;

Surgeons say your not a candidate for surgery;

You were then given an FCE because the doctor's feel there is little left to treat you with other then medications;

The FCE is to see where you will now fit in the field of work and type jobs;

The doctor's then place you at MMI because all attempts with in a reasonable amount of medical have been used;

You then left to settle your case.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

thank you all for your input it is very much appreciated! i finally have an appt this afternoon with chiro and i have requested an appt for consult with my atty. so he can break all this down to me for me to be fully aware of what exactly i should be expecting! i was under the impression i didnt have to settle and i could keep receiving medical treatment (ie pain managment, chiro ect) but if im am at mmi they will want to settle for as little as possible, i just want to make sure if i have to settle it will be enough to pay for my medical for several years ect!

Well, not really, as it was only broke down.

MMI doesn't ever mean Medical will have to stop. It only means there isn't any medical treatment left except for Pain Management. Like in your case.

But, generally the Insurance would like to settle once at MMI. That is what that means. Doesn't mean they rush to try and settle neither.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.