Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faceing job loss due to repeated comp injuries

I am currently out on a comp injury and am faceing a impass. Over the last 10 yrs I have had multipal comp related injuries, Hernia,ACL replacement left knee, three torn menicus in right knee plus nerve damage due to the hernia improperly healing (nerve blocker injections). Now I will be returning hopefully to work in the next couple weeks and have been informed that due to the fact that I have so many comp related injuries that my bosses are thinking of releaseing me from my job. So my question is this, I know that they can release me due to the law stateing if total time out from the job exceeds 365 days, but are they first required to move me into a job within the town (Town highway employee) where I am not carrying such heavy loads or continuely climbing up and down the truck (sanitation worker). I have years of administrative knowledge from the military (retired) before they just kick me to the curb. Loss of my job now will result in my loss of retirement from this job (8 yrs to go).

Whats your state?Whats your question?Has your Dr released you to work without restrictions? is he going to?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

without knowing your question it's difficult to respond.
contracted and retirement rights generally will not be controlled by workers comp law and should be discussed with union or retirement board.
workers comp does prohibit discrimination for filing a claim. "too many" claims would seem to be discriminatory. you should look into filing a complaint. the process is different in each state.
FMLA gives you 12 weeks of job protection.
ADA requires the employer discuss reasonable accommodation.
more info here
http://www.ada.gov/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these work comp drs. know any other words besides pre existing injuries!! alvinf478 1 2,466 10-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
Toungue Why is it legal for prospective employers to ask about any work comp injuries? bodybuilder1958 3 6,493 07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Loss Reserve on my workers comp case sam.jackson9999 3 6,965 11-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: 1171
  does any one know what calif.pays on loss of finger workmans comp case raderrob669 1 3,091 06-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Last Post: raderrob669
  Weird Workers Comp Injuries chrischris 6 6,624 04-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Pooh
  Repeated same post. Sorry Spring 1 1,915 04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Spring