Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QME DOCTOR APPT
HAVE A SCHEDULED APPT WITH qme NEXT WEEK.
is there anything I should know about this appt.
what to do/say,what not to. thanks for your help!

make sure they have all the records, radiology, test results.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:make sure they have all the records, radiology, test results.

is my doctor or atty responsible for sending this information?
to the QME? or is it mine? thanks again 1171

it can be negotiated; generally the carrier.
delays and inaccuracies can affect the worker more; it may be worth it to you to avoid that possibility.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I don't know if you have the time, but with the info. 1171 provided. You may want to collect all your medical records yourself and get them to the QME. DR. yourself.

I am one for being very proactive. I get copies of my medical resords every 6 months. My monitary benifits have expired, but my medical is for life and I want copies of all my medical records just incase. It has only come in handy once so far, but it was worth it to have them handy.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

if I hadnt had a copy on me mine wouldnt have had all of mine.......just what the WC would have wanted him to have......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You want to call the IME Office Or QME office, and ask what records they have, with the earliest date possible. As many times the last 6 months of records are not there, and you need them there. So, that means you gather what they don't have and either send them in, or bring them with.

If you need the current records there for review, you will make sure they are there.

Don't count on anyone else doing it but you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

No you don't want to call the QME office. In California there is a huge issue now on what constitutes exparte communication. It's not worth the chance. Call your C/A and see if they sent the records. You should have received copies of everything they sent 20 days ahead of time so you could have a chance to object to anything being sent. However, that doesn't include medical records.

Briing all your medical records with you. If your QME tells you they haven't received anything from your C/A then they will copy your records. Make sure you bring "nothing" but medical records.

During the appt.., you will have an opportunity to talk to the QME and ask him whatever you want.

My C/A didn't send any records and when I called to ask if he had, his response was "he has chosen not to participate in my QME". WTF???? So I brought all my records with me.
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,221 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question First Drs. Appt! How to prep? kp121 4 599 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
  MPN APPT.? FUTURE MED CA. beaverc 2 1,859 07-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MMI Appt for Rating bluewolph13 8 6,257 08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
  What to do about dr appt Lostinsystem 1 3,211 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
  Need Help with QME Phsyc Appt CA jharrison 5 7,576 11-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  SS Disability appt grumpyone 7 8,300 11-22-2010, 11:27 AM