Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI And the letter from your Doctor saying your disabled
borninabarn Wrote:Thanks for all your help! Well I hired an attorney and from meeting him and talking to him I dont know if I should have?He is so negative about the out look of my case telling me that he has done a hundred of these and I am in no way going to get approved in the reconsideration, they never do,dont plan on anything happening till 2012 at a hearing.negative on everything.I had asked him to get a report from my main doctor at the pain clinic and he didnt seem to want to do that but he is now that I ask him 4 times.For some reason I feel I would be better off without him?Binder and binder called a week later and feel maybe they could have helped more than this guy?I already signed the paper saying he is going to help me seems like that was a bad idea? I dont know what to do?I am only 48 years old and he said that has alot to do with this claim and by 2012 I will be 50 and it seems to work out better?I am getting pretty down again!My pain doctor prescribed me Cymbalta and my insurance wont pay for it because there is no generic form of it?So I am on Amitripyline that doesnt do anything and not sure what its supposed to do?Told for pain and mood enhancer?I am feeling really Lost on life right now.Also attorney called my primary care doctor at the pain clinic to ask for a meeting with him for a report and my attorney called me and said the girl there seemed pissed off because they were bothered when attorneys were calling them for my work comp case.If I were them I might be that way too?People calling for reports on someone taking up there time when they are trying to treat people.I dont know what to do?My insurance co.said if my doctor would send them a prior authorization for the Cymbalta I could get it but now I feel like I shouldnt call him and ask about it.Sorry for babbling on I just need someone to talk to.Thanks,Born

Why in the coon crap did you hire this Attorney considering what you have written. Surely you questioned him before signing the dotted line. My goodness.....

Firing and rehiring a Attorney is not as simple as some make it out to be. Firing a Attorney is simple enough but generally he will still get paid leading to the next problem of finding a Attorney who will "come aboard" for less than usual fee.

Being you are under 50 puts you in a different category.
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/step4and5.htm#Q5_3

A Attorney is capped at a maximum of $5300 dollars or 20% of your back pay/reward.

I hired this attorney because he is the partner of my attorney now that was so good and easy to talk to on my WC case so I guess since they both went to school together and were very good friends and became partners I thought it would work out?All my files from the WC case with all of my information are right there already for him.Maybe he is being honest with me about how these ssi and ssdi claims go I dont know? He just seems to want to hurry up and get the reconsideration papers in not worrying about getting reports and more information in front of the next person that is going to look at my file for the reconsiderstion so I can be denied again so we can get a hearing date where he says that we will have a better chance of getting benefits and he says it depends also alot on what judge we get.I suppose this is going to be a big waiting game kind of like work comp where they have SSI and SSDI and work comp out there for us all if we truly need it but they make it hard for everyone to receive it.I am not sure?Born

Since your attorney refered this attorney, I say have your attorney apply the needed pressure and records to the friend attorney then.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Sometimes Born we just have to take the easy way......if your lawyer is "in house" with your WC lawyer then all the paperwork is there....let them handle it....let them also know you are fixing to lose your home there are emergency hearings if you can get one...get your congressman/senator involved.....right now they are your best hope....Jayne
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Social Security has been tightening their ropes due to lack of money issues, denying people just to deny them, and it buy's SS another year. It's been happening right here at this board as we been reading the stories.

My opinion as I said, pressure your attorney to pressure your SSDI attorney. Have them switch records or share records.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Well,
Someone had mentioned contacting my congrassman and senater so I did and just heard back from both of them and they want to help?They both sent me a Constituent Service Request form to fill out and also called me.They both said they could get my SSDI claim expidited and possibly approved faster.They did say the reason this system is so slow is because of lack of judges that do this type of work?I had emailed them before I had an attorney and my attorney wont be back from vacation till this week so I emailed him about these Constituent letters I received and will wait to hear from him on what to do.Thought I would update you.Thanks,Born

go ahead and get going on your own.....Born....its always best to be proactive
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

BORN, that good news.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,536 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can I really be only 50% disabled? Scaffoldrider 15 9,407 06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  SSA Disabled AND Workers comp ganduland 3 4,321 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Getting a job on 100% temporary disabled through NYS comp Jodini 3 4,092 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Jodini
  Working while disabled question tpm 7 6,367 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  disabled body, disabled life; where to turn, so many questions wanttogetbacktoworkalready 5 7,622 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  disabled plumber in NJ need 2 shoulder replacement gsx99 5 8,959 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Help on Pernment or partial disabled janet1031 17 15,556 08-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Last Post: jayne
  State-OK Wage Compensation when disabled robertm 2 4,745 04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Texas..Rvcd letter request Designated Doctor by I/C sand3rd 3 4,908 12-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sand3rd