Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future medical treatment/creditable doctor?
My primary doctor was asked to give his opinion on future medical treatment for the right knee. (This doctor is also an osteopath and has been my doctor since 1991)

History:
March 2006 - Left knee/meniscus repair
February 2007 - Right knee/meniscus repair, pica resection, chrondyl repair/physical therapy 2010
June 2008 - Left knee/Total knee replacement

The letter reads:
Regarding her right knee, I feel in the future she will require right total knee replacement. Due to the problems with her knee and somewhat from her back problems she is required to use a came as an assistive ambulatory device. I am not sure there are any other logical and or medical solutions for knee problems other than a total knee.

The surgeon who did the TKR of the other knee was asked to examine the right knee and also wrote a TKR would be needed in the future of the right knee.

The treating work comp doctor writes the strain of the right knee is resolved and gave me no work restrictions at the last appointment.
The goal is to close out the medical on this knee.

Who will the court likely find more creditable in the above statements of the right knee?

Bummer,
If you're fortunate enough to appear before a Commissioner with integrity and--who's adept in wading through the WC Doctor's BS, then you should receive a favorable decision. Especially in light of your own primary doctor's opinion and the surgeon's. With that said, never take anything for granted, though.

Thanks Wink

Just curious how this would work with the wc treating doctor saying something very different.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to find medical doctor who accept new patients with medicare Bummer Knees 12 11,995 02-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Starting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 51 32,803 05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Judge's Order Is In...After 26 Months Getting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 15 5,441 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy