Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do i HAVE to go to an IME if requested? (this is in Wisconsin)
Is this the IME doctor your talking about, or is this your doctor?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Is this the IME doctor your talking about, or is this your doctor?

My doctor. This is the 9/16 follow up appointment I spoke of earlier. Now we just wait to see what WC says...if they indeed will make me go to an IME or will just approve the surgery. Luckily, I have an attorney on another situation that also represents WC cases and even asked me back in July how it was going, which so far it's been smooth, but now we'll see. If they insist on the IME, I will also ask for the name, credentials such as what percent of this doctor's patients does he actually work with for this type of injury, etc. We'll see. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just agree with the surgery.

dobiqueenx2 Wrote:
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Is this the IME doctor your talking about, or is this your doctor?

My doctor. This is the 9/16 follow up appointment I spoke of earlier. Now we just wait to see what WC says...if they indeed will make me go to an IME or will just approve the surgery. Luckily, I have an attorney on another situation that also represents WC cases and even asked me back in July how it was going, which so far it's been smooth, but now we'll see. If they insist on the IME, I will also ask for the name, credentials such as what percent of this doctor's patients does he actually work with for this type of injury, etc. We'll see. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just agree with the surgery.

They will continue to send you to a IME, as they are allowed a medical opinion from their own doctor. Very seldom do they approve a surgery before your seen by an IME.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Got an emailed letter from the insurance company and IME appointment is scheduled for 10/4 in the morning. Of course, this is the same doc my friend saw for her shoulder injury last fall and he said she had a sprained shoulder. After surgery on a torn rotator cuff & bone spurs, she's finally gotten notice today of her hearing. I hope this doesn't turn into a huge legal battle as I missed work again today because I was in so much pain, I was living on pain pills all night & morning with no sleep. I can't continue like this. They surprisingly said my doc could come to this appointment but I doubt he'll be able to. I've asked my husband's niece, who's an LPN and a friend of ours who's an RN to see if by chance one of them can tag along as well as my husband. I've read nothing good about this doctor online when I googled him, so not holding high hopes for this.

dobiqueenx2 Wrote:Got an emailed letter from the insurance company and IME appointment is scheduled for 10/4 in the morning. Of course, this is the same doc my friend saw for her shoulder injury last fall and he said she had a sprained shoulder. After surgery on a torn rotator cuff & bone spurs, she's finally gotten notice today of her hearing. I hope this doesn't turn into a huge legal battle as I missed work again today because I was in so much pain, I was living on pain pills all night & morning with no sleep. I can't continue like this. They surprisingly said my doc could come to this appointment but I doubt he'll be able to. I've asked my husband's niece, who's an LPN and a friend of ours who's an RN to see if by chance one of them can tag along as well as my husband. I've read nothing good about this doctor online when I googled him, so not holding high hopes for this.

Try this link you may find him here.....http://www.vitals.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 1,871 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Hip Injury in Wisconsin warminwisco 17 4,832 01-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: warminwisco
  Wisconsin, dr.'s release question Xiabei 2 3,085 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Xiabei
  Wisconsin IME GODS Redstone 5 6,049 12-30-2010, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Redstone
  Wisconsin JenWI 2 3,275 05-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
MyBB medical records requested. esmith 5 4,407 02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Injured then fired in wisconsin ogdoa 4 6,942 12-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Last Post: kate
  Wisconsin Police Officer disability concern copcricket 7 7,655 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Wisconsin Firefighter Injury ffemtb-wi 8 5,553 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Last Post: 1171