Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security Disability
Is there a way to track you SSDI application and to what is going on with it, and taking place with it?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy when I applied I was given a phone number, it was a 1- 800 # and was told to call this number if I had any additional information to addd, this number was for the person working on my claim from DDS, (Disability Determination Services)

I did have additional information to present as I was going thru the Dx of the T12 tumor at the time. I did call the number to give them a medical update, they in return told me where I was with qualifying for the medical part of SSDI.

My intake interview was at the local office, I was very fortunate as the worker was wonderful!

One afternoon about 6 weeks after I applied I received a phone call from this worker with the news that I had been approved for SSDI. The intake worker reconized my name in the computer from a list of applicants who had been approved and that is when I received the phone call.

Bummer that was how it was with me also.

I was asking for my Brother-in-Law. Plus, I had thought, (but then again I'm thinking again) that I saw here somewhere that someone was able to track what was going on with their SSDI application, like where it stands at such and such point, Via the Internet.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy please post if you findout anything.

I am up for review this year and haven't heard anything from SSA.

Who knows what they will decide.

BadBoy, I applied for SSDI online and was given a case number and password to check the status. The status never really said much except that it was at such and such dept. Not much info.
Let Go, and Let God......

Bummer Knees Wrote:Bad Boy please post if you findout anything.

I am up for review this year and haven't heard anything from SSA.

Who knows what they will decide.

I was up for review in March 2009 according to my award letter in March 2006; I have never heard a thing and continue to draw SSDI Thank God.

My reviews were a simple leter only asking if I settle my case, and asked if anything changed medically. I did add my total Knee replacement on one, and the next one added the right knee having problems. But, mostly a simple letter was all. Have so many days to send it back, and that was it, never hear back from them till the next one.

thought i would jump on in here, i too was up for review this year , got my letter filled it out, received a letter back saying i was still disabled and that was that.
no matter where you're at there you are

Well it's September 1st, and still no letter from SSA.

My guess is they probably know are pretty up to date on my medical since I am on medicare.

I filed for SSDI not long after I was injured and qualified within 6 weeks. There is no way I would of made it thru work comp if not for the monthly SSDI check.

Bummer, they always send the letter out, it isn't much neither, little to fill out and send back. Don't count on the letter being on time neither. Just remember you only have so many days to send it back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 3 1,158 10-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Last Post: AnnBlair
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 4,356 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 9,401 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 15,218 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 11,441 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 3,630 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 6,544 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Social Security, something odd Bummer Knees 20 7,957 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Social Security...Question Spring 19 11,151 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: red1030