Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
up coming IME
Had an IME a few weeks ago and the doctor seemed ok... I know he work for the ins. co so I dont expect anything good.

[quote=Bad Boy Bad Boy]
Grumpyone, I seen you say the IME Doctor was fine or okay with you Tape Recording the IME Evaluation (exam) on Tape. May I ask you, if you have the Doctor Stating it was okay by them (doctor) saying it was consented or okay by them to Tape Record, and stating their name to whom they are? Or did you obtain the required written Consent letter to Tape Record and signed by all parties (including you), allowing you to Tape Record those within the area the recording would pick up such voices?

The reason I ask, is, for it to qualify and be allowed to be heard in a Hearing, that information, would need be on Tape giving the permission, or on Paper saying the agree and Consented.

I was just wondering was all. As my question has no bearing on what took place or anything. Just something for future reference is why I was asking. thanks in advance BBBB...

BBBB,

I first asked the doctor if she would mind me taping the examine, she said no, I then had her sign a written agreement stating that she was aware of such taping and that she agreed to it it was signed by myself as well, and I have her on tape agreeing to it as well she stated her name and why I was being seen and the date and then we just did the question and answer thing and then it was over. In AZ it is legal to tape as long as all parties agree.
Live for Today, Love for Today, Laugh for Today.

Grumpyone, thank you for the feed back. I was just wondering, as I know many can Tape, and all, but, the more I read on different State Laws, I found as long as there was a form of Consent, you then could tape regaurdless. Plus, with the consent, the Tape is also considered a Legal document issue which then can be heard in a Hearing, or even in a Court room. I thank you because I now can share with others in the future as to how you went about it. Thanks again.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Grumpyone, thank you for the feed back. I was just wondering, as I know many can Tape, and all, but, the more I read on different State Laws, I found as long as there was a form of Consent, you then could tape regaurdless. Plus, with the consent, the Tape is also considered a Legal document issue which then can be heard in a Hearing, or even in a Court room. I thank you because I now can share with others in the future as to how you went about it. Thanks again.

Your most welcome! The key is getting the doctor to agree to the consent.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Yes that is the site I found my state info on. Very informative. Thank you for posting it as it may help others