Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
up coming IME
Hello wise ones,

Trying to find out my rights for an IME. Such as am I aloud to tape it or have someone in the room with me? I looked on the Arizona ICA site and could not come up with anything. And after the last IME I had I am very concerned. The last one I had the guy saw me for 15 min and wrote a 32 page report of lies. The judge threw out his report in the end but that was after the damage was done and they stopped my Benefits for 9 months. This Doctor they are having me see is a Pain doc which is to me odd since my surgeon is requesting more surgery before we try the SCS I am so confused.
I will ask my attorney on Monday but I was hoping maybe someone here could tell me.

Thank you
Live for Today, Love for Today, Laugh for Today.

Tape and Video need consent of all parties being recorded. That consent should be a letter signed by all recorded. If the Doctor allows that. They don't have to consent. Being so, I would bring someone with you. Now, in my opinion think their sending you to a doctor such as they are because it is for an opinion of the SCS. Many Pain Doctor's are the ones that recommend them.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

As bad boy said take someone with you but that doesn't mean they will let them come back with you. The IME they sent me to had a big sign up saying NOBODY will be allowed to come back with you and then like you lied in the report. The judge saw thru his lies but again the damage was done and that delay made me want almost another year to get the SCS I have. The added pain is nothing they pay for and by delaying it they are hoping they decide not to do it so that safes them money. There is too much money being made by these doctors that do more IME's then anything else and I sure wish they would come out with some laws to stop this kind of stuff. I don't see how these kind of doctor ever read the oath they took. Read it sometime and then ask them how they are following it.

I was injured almost 5 years ago and have always had someone with me in the treatment room at the doctor appointments.

I've been to 13 different work comp doctors, and never had a problem with having someone in the treatment room with me. I do need to explain the insurance company kept sending me to doctors until they found one that would say what they wanted on the knee, and that is why I have been to so many different doctors.

I do audio tape my appointments, and the doctor knows this. Communication is a key in work comp and we go into the appointments nervous and it is easy to miss-understand what the doctor is saying.

Well had the IME today and well the DR. they had me go to was very confused as to why I was seeing her. As she specializes in Pain management not surgery, and since my surgeon is requesting more surgery her report will reflect as such. Not only that but she didn't even have the last 6 months of records. So I feel it went very well on my part.She did tell me not to be surprised if they now ask for me to see a surgeon for an IME. But she said it was to soon for me to be MMI and feels that the microsurgery the doc wants to do is a good idea.

Watch out IME work for the insurance company, THEY WILL LIE, Becareful
Jammer

I pray that the report when it comes out stay's the same as they had told you. Many times it's been seen the report is just the opposite of what they told you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Jammer

Yes it is true that MOST IME doctors lie but in the 2 years Ive been on WC I have had 4 IME's and Only one of them really messed me up with lies. And the judge saw right thru it. I truly believe this one is on the up and up. All she did was talk to me she didn't examine me at all. And she didn't even have my last 6 months of Medical records, the records she was provided ended in March. She also said she didn't understand why I was sent to her. She also works right next store to my surgeon's office. In the end she agreed that something was going on and I needed to have further surgery to try and resolve the nerve issue in my left leg. So we shall see, I was able to record the whole appointment she was fine with that, so if she try's to back peddle I have it on tape.

My lawyer told me to call him after my IME, which it was out of state so I had a long drive anyway. But I told him on the call several places that he would lye about and put down the wrong info and I was right on the money

Grumpyone, I seen you say the IME Doctor was fine or okay with you Tape Recording the IME Evaluation (exam) on Tape. May I ask you, if you have the Doctor Stating it was okay by them (doctor) saying it was consented or okay by them to Tape Record, and stating their name to whom they are? Or did you obtain the required written Consent letter to Tape Record and signed by all parties (including you), allowing you to Tape Record those within the area the recording would pick up such voices?

The reason I ask, is, for it to qualify and be allowed to be heard in a Hearing, that information, would need be on Tape giving the permission, or on Paper saying the agree and Consented.

I was just wondering was all. As my question has no bearing on what took place or anything. Just something for future reference is why I was asking. thanks in advance BBBB...

grumpyone Wrote:Jammer

Yes it is true that MOST IME doctors lie but in the 2 years Ive been on WC I have had 4 IME's and Only one of them really messed me up with lies. And the judge saw right thru it. I truly believe this one is on the up and up. All she did was talk to me she didn't examine me at all. And she didn't even have my last 6 months of Medical records, the records she was provided ended in March. She also said she didn't understand why I was sent to her. She also works right next store to my surgeon's office. In the end she agreed that something was going on and I needed to have further surgery to try and resolve the nerve issue in my left leg. So we shall see, I was able to record the whole appointment she was fine with that, so if she try's to back peddle I have it on tape.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming to an end? jobo99 6 5,392 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Last Post: jobo99