Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOWA SSDI and Charges for Attorney fees?
Hello,
Well I after 1 month and 13 days later I was denied SSDI benifits after my 1st application because they say I could do another job that I had worked at before.I know I cant.I was wondering if an Attorney was the way to go on SSDI or do it yourself all the way?And what are the normal dollar amounts that Attorneys charge to appeal and try to get clients their SSDI? Thanks for your time.Born

Call the Binders, they get 25% of the due money to you. I would not go at it without an attorney if denied.

Send me a PM I have a link to those Binder guys.
borninabarn Wrote:Hello,
Well I after 1 month and 13 days later I was denied SSDI benifits after my 1st application because they say I could do another job that I had worked at before.I know I cant.I was wondering if an Attorney was the way to go on SSDI or do it yourself all the way?And what are the normal dollar amounts that Attorneys charge to appeal and try to get clients their SSDI? Thanks for your time.Born
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Seems like Social Security is tightening their belts all this year. Been hearing these denials all over the place this year.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Denial is almost the norm if you are under 55 right now .....file an appeal right away...a lawyer is almost a must right now.....it is quite normal to be turned down at least twice....so keep your chin up.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Do you have number for the attorney binder

They have a web site and a simple search they come right up. If you can't find it let me know.

Would you say pick Binder and Binder over a local Attorney that has done SSDI AND SSI for 9 years?Are they better and maybe faster at getting things done do you think?Thanks for your help!Born

I would go local if he has that much experience just because he would be easier to get in touch with.....he is local and lets face it anytime I can shop or buy local I do....its the union in me
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Born, it has always been said, you have to feel them both out. If you don't like what the Local has to say, then try the Binders. It is my understanding also, as Binders are Nation wide. Even though their main contact I think is through NY. They have offices or attorney's all over the 50 States.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney fees for non-scheduled loss in NY footballfan 2 353 05-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Last Post: footballfan
  Doctor fees? Kburgtorf 3 2,934 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  11% Impairment Rating - IOWA Rebos 8 11,133 05-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Exclamation Help in IOWA luckylori 1 1,779 12-07-2014, 01:17 AM
  Is $300 Legal Fees for Every Hearing Supposed to Come Out of My Bi-Weekly Check? Scaffoldrider 1 2,428 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 5,762 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Iowa Med Settlement or not? Tack 7 5,190 12-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Tack
  Florida Attorney Fees bronco54501 3 3,314 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Last Post: PainandSmiles
  MSA and attorney fees casual1 8 10,155 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: casual1
Cool when attorney asks for minimal fees... sonny1 1 2,764 05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees