Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it normal
Orange, that was what I was saying and thought also. And then why I said, your attorney sounds like their battling this for you, and then you win, and get all this lost time Money back. Even the time lost when employer states they can not accomadate your restrictions. It will at one time all get paid back to you.

See if you found work, then money from date of employment has to be altered. I fully understand you have no funds, zero zip for income, and attorney's sleep well at night too. The attorney only fights the case as it is given to them.

Now, what about State Funding for you, called SSI as you should be able to get some relief for funds that way. But, then again, I'm not sure if that would need to be paid back at a later date or not.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BBBB, signed up fo ssdi and was denied, talked to a ssdi att. who looked at me and said that at my age51, there is a job out there that I can do and I would not win a ssdi case.what a shame to work all these years and cannot rely on anyone for help. now, if I had not finished school, could not talk good english,then i would probably win ssdi.hard to try and be a patriotic American these days when everyone is getting handouts but the truly needy!!

Orange, SSDI is Social Security (Federal)

SSI is a State funding for you. (State)

In fact here is the web site just for you, from me....

http://www.workworld.org/wwwebhelp/ssi_s...erview.htm

http://www.workworld.org/wwwebhelp/ssi_s...rolina.htm

Maybe you have it?

orange Wrote:BBBB, signed up fo ssdi and was denied, talked to a ssdi att. who looked at me and said that at my age51, there is a job out there that I can do and I would not win a ssdi case.what a shame to work all these years and cannot rely on anyone for help. now, if I had not finished school, could not talk good english,then i would probably win ssdi.hard to try and be a patriotic American these days when everyone is getting handouts but the truly needy!!
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I think it was filed when I filed for SSDI and the woman said that my wife made 1 thousand too much for me to qualify!Is that the same?I don't live in one of the required situations!

It is highly possible it got filed, and yes, income is also an issue when appling for it. I have been hearing many States automaticly file for both SSI & SSDI for the person. I know mine wasn't when I applied for SSDI. I wouldn't have dared tried for SSI, due to incomes in my home.

I wish I had more to offer you. I am sorry i couldn't help, but maybe someone else will have some ideas for you soon. Hang in there.

orange Wrote:I think it was filed when I filed for SSDI and the woman said that my wife made 1 thousand too much for me to qualify!Is that the same?

I appreciate everything you have responded to.Thanks for your input! I will keep you informed on my outcome. Again, thanks!

Thank, as I do love up-dates, and hopefully goods ones.

orange Wrote:I appreciate everything you have responded to.Thanks for your input! I will keep you informed on my outcome. Again, thanks!

Orange, you are in a bad spot because like most people you have grown fond of things like eating and having a roof over your head. WC loves to put us in these spots because it causes us to want to settle for anything just to get by and they save big bucks. And the sad thing is with the speed things get done under WC we grow old waiting for them to make a decision. Lawyers don't make it any easier some times because the more you miss in wages the more they get since they get a percent of that. Bottom line is we have to make a decision, and you are working on getting all the info you can to help you make it. If you can work but with restrictions then that is one way to go but just don't go outside those restrictions because you could be giving it all up. Look for help everywhere as far as paying the bills and putting food on the table. It's not always easy to put your hand out and ask for this help but that is one of those decision you have to make. I hate to see employers doing this to anybody but to them this is all about saving money.
Sorry but it takes me more time then normal to get things out of my mind on to the page so I hope something helps. It's a long road with WC so hang in there

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MRI says normal but its a lie, xray shows not normal racer17 2 1,739 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
Rolleyes normal calculating methods when two different % are given kevin5960 5 2,659 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  A little shaken, don't know if this is normal. Nabby 5 4,556 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
Smile Tips and tricks to do normal things while in pain.. PainandSmiles 26 13,997 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: lucky
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,216 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,275 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  Beyond the scope of normal household duties bagpussinamerica 6 6,324 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: mpenny
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 14,798 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
  Too Long or The Normal Time Stumpy 13 8,565 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  I am confused as normal risingeagle222 11 5,045 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked