Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lien on settlement
I settled my workcomp case but.......I have a medical malpractice against one of the doctors that work comp sent me to. How can my (ex)employers wc company have a lien on that, when they sent me there??????
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

Because they paid the bill, it was their doctor.

Any suits within a comp system have Liens to recover money spent by the IC.

How much money is the Lien for?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

choosing a doctor doesn't erase your right to be treated correctly or sue for a recovery when you aren't.
that applies to both you and the employer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 I see your point
Well the money they spent out after that doctor plus my settlement. a great amount of money.
I have had capsulodesis scaphoid, capsulodesis lunotriquetral joint wrist, debridement of triangular fibrocartilage all in my right wrist and a tendon sheath release(that was just one surgery) & a lunotriquetral fusion Plus now a wrist fusion

If you know about the Lien, does the Lien state how much money their seeking back in return to satisfy the Lien?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:If you know about the Lien, does the Lien state how much money their seeking back in return to satisfy the Lien?

They didn't give an amount but when I ask attorney he said everything after that doctor medical bills prescriptions physical therapy pain management everything. The letter I got just says that even though I settled my case it is still opened. They left it open due to the lien.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work Comp Lien with Fradulent Amounts samistheman 5 4,358 10-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Sdi lien Lostandconfused 10 1,436 10-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  attorney lien question (please) moneyisevil 7 2,608 07-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: TreadingWater
  EDD Lien Against W/C Settlement CaseyandMarie 12 20,147 07-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Toungue Question about year old lien lonelylib81 1 2,048 07-29-2013, 07:52 PM
  Is a Medicare Set-Aside a lien by the carrier? Danabell 12 12,750 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Danabell
  Lien question Manley2 10 7,369 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  medical provider lien interpreter 2 2,849 08-18-2007, 10:31 PM