Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pain Clinic DR
Had my first appoinment with them today. We went through old pain clinics notes and discussed where to go next. He did not comment on the mis-hap with them going into my L3-L4 RFA. Only thing said was they should have continued down to my s1. But moving on, he did a series of tests which were basicaly moving my legs/bending and strength. His conclusion was left leg is very weak and has suffered nerve damage from the si/hip, pelvis surgery. Even though my mri shows mild buldging at l4-l5 and severe buldging at l5-s1, he feels thats not my major pain generator, but feels alot has to do with the hip and pelvis reconstruction. But to rule this out he has ordered a emg test with my main injury dr. 2nd step he feels I would be better off with a Spinal cord stimulator, but must go through thier sych for evaluation before we move on to the 3 day trial. WC has already approved for the trial and has left me with a bag full of choices to be made.

He asked me what pain level would I be happy with, and which I told him my normal used to be a 2 with no activities while working usually a 5 for the first year. Now my normal all time low is a 3 to 4 with no activity, and working was between 6 and 9 as my highest. So with all said I told him I would like to get it down to a 2 to 3 . His reply was with all I have going on I will never get a pain free day ( which I have accepted a long time ago ), I asked what about if I go back to work, he said I cant answer that, but said his goals were........

If I accept the scs, is to get me off or a lower dose of narcotics. If I dont get the scs his idea is to get me on a different med treatment for long term pain managment and put me at end of healing with some steep restrictions---- to get me out of the wc arena..........Long winded........

At the end of the dr visit the ncm came in and he briefed her with a short summary. Then told his nurse to setup appoinments..... But what is troubling me is the fact the dr asked my ncm to step out because he wanted to speak to her while I was getting changed.......

So a few questions... Can this pm dr put me at mmi without my sugeons notice? Which my surgeon says not for another year..

If I decide I dont want to try the trial, and he does not offer another source of treatment can he say mmi.?

I have had a tens unit and did really nothing for me, and I know they are different. Do they perform the same treatment..?

Here in WI we are allowed to go to 1 dr of my choice for a new oppinion, and I have not used this option yet. I have had refferals from my treating dr to see a few different ones for consults. So i know I still have that option.....

Have you had any problems from your NCM before? I would really ask that you be in all conversations between the Dr and the NCM......really think its time you started the paperwork for SSDI my friend
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:Have you had any problems from your NCM before? I would really ask that you be in all conversations between the Dr and the NCM......really think its time you started the paperwork for SSDI my friend

Jayne,
I have never had any problems with my ncm but 1 time, when she tried to tell my primary I could drive while on oxxy & vicodin, in which he more less told her she cant direct my treatment and made her leave the room.

As far as the new dr, he is staight forward and first impression is I like him... But my ncm has other clients that see him, so it does bother me to that point. I know I have to make the decision on the scs weather I get it or I just go on meds..

As far as SSDI, it has been running in my mind, but my lawyer suggested I wait untill I settle wc. But truely that could take forever. For now I'm going to see what happens with next few appoinments, and have an update session with my lawyer.... Financialy were ok so far, but we get health care through the state according to our income $280. month with $40. copay. But as of the 1st of Aug They took it away saying our income is to high.. I have gone round and round with them tring to tell them this is a ttd check not a ppd and I'm not working... Starting to vent....sorry

bronco54501 Wrote:
jayne Wrote:Have you had any problems from your NCM before? I would really ask that you be in all conversations between the Dr and the NCM......really think its time you started the paperwork for SSDI my friend

Jayne,
I have never had any problems with my ncm but 1 time, when she tried to tell my primary I could drive while on oxxy & vicodin, in which he more less told her she cant direct my treatment and made her leave the room.

As far as the new dr, he is staight forward and first impression is I like him... But my ncm has other clients that see him, so it does bother me to that point. I know I have to make the decision on the scs weather I get it or I just go on meds..

As far as SSDI, it has been running in my mind, but my lawyer suggested I wait untill I settle wc. But truely that could take forever. For now I'm going to see what happens with next few appoinments, and have an update session with my lawyer.... Financialy were ok so far, but we get health care through the state according to our income $280. month with $40. copay. But as of the 1st of Aug They took it away saying our income is to high.. I have gone round and round with them tring to tell them this is a ttd check not a ppd and I'm not working... Starting to vent....sorry
vent away I have been there ...understand the need to vent.....ever tried breaking glass? get a big trash can and a bunch of old glass bottles and just throw...... its so nice.......windshields sound better but people get so mad.....oh well what can I say.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

When a NCM and Doctor have a common interest point, such as you said, the NCM has a few or several Patients that go to this doctor, that a relationship got started.

If you explain to the doctor, that you have it set-up, that all talks with the NCM are to be with you present, you would prefer it not happen again. They may or may not agree. Well, worth the effort so it doesn't continue.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I agree completly.... And my next visit I will speak to him on this, we will see what takes place....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steadman clinic web site has a world of information tinainky 3 1,520 02-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  PAIN CLINIC VS PAIN MANAGEMENT BKBROM29 8 7,464 07-20-2015, 03:56 AM
Last Post: BigBird
  PM clinic bronco54501 11 8,275 04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Questions on pain clinic bronco54501 10 6,363 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc
  Pain Clinic katicabogar 12 7,870 11-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Last Post: katicabogar
  Pain Clinic/Vocational Counseling katicabogar 6 6,854 09-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Lilly