Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SS hearing coming up
Got my hearing for SS in a couple of weeks. Anybody have any good words? All I can do is go in and answer all the questions they might have and see what happens but just not sure what will happen. Only spoke with one lawyer before I filled for a hearing a year and a half ago and the girl that answered the phone told me since I could sit and do something they would not be interested in my case so I've been going this alone. Not sure how all that works because any job I've ever had was working on my feet and with my hands and not sitting handling papers. WC is not settled yet and who knows when that will happen but they wanted to retrain me for some other work but then decide not to. Not even sure how this works into any settlement they decide to work out.

As you know, being honset is the best way to go. I sent you a PM.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

That is all I've ever done. I just hope with SS that is what they want to hear and not like the WC system.

I know nothing about a SS hearing. I do wish you the best.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Manley2, when i first applied for social security disablity years ago i had an attorney i lost-- he refused to appeal saying i would lose--pain was not on their list of disablities-- i did the appeal myself right down to a trial with them on my own and won. i researched everything from knowing what made you eligable to what questions they first look at before they throw your application out. there is a reason why attorneys do these cases because they know all this information and just take a part of your money in the end. everyone is right you need to be honest--honesty is always the best policy--however, it really is about knowing how to answer the questions--you have to think about your worst days--what pain meds if any are you on--all that is taken into consideration----i take it this is your first hearing with the social security--have they gotten all your doctors records?? who is the hearing with sometimes it is with a doctor of their choice. i have been through the social security system twice twice on my own and recieved it if you would like futher information from me please dont hesitate to pm with any questions. i would be more than happy to help you through the process

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes first hearing and I applied 2 years ago and just got a CD in the mail this morning with all the updated info. Which means they must have got some more records from my pain doc and my cardo doc because they sent me a CD back in Feb. Spoke with a lawyers office this morning to with no real info coming from them other then making me feel like a number. Somebody got SSDI without even having a hearing and I know they could do 100 times what I could do in the work force. But then they had a friend that worked there even call and tell them they got it long before they got the letter. That is part of why I worry this system is no more then how they feel about you more then your true medical condition.

you are right on how they look at you that is why how you answer certain questions will determine if they will continue your case. but let me say this---after hearing they have gotten your records and even had them updated--that is a good sign!!!
send me more info on where the hearing is and with who

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you're pain I'm praying to get a court case this year for SSD for my RSD that I have with my knee. I'll be praying that everything work out for you. I'm also waiting to get WC as well. I know Goverment has it setup right now that if your heart at work and can't work or get WC or SSD. They just throw you into the system of Welfare.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  up coming hearing/ dme Sunshine47 0 1,351 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Sunshine47
  Industrial Court Hearing Coming Up/MMI? Netta 0 3,717 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Netta
  Hearing coming up. sparkey 18 7,130 06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Last Post: sparkey