Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lft Shoulder Surgery
Sad 
CA
Does any one know how long it takes to receive your QME list? I am not in agreement on Dr. rating and ability to perform my job. I work in special ed with the mentally and physically challenging students. This job requires lots of lifting from wheelchairs to their special equip along with hand over hand assitance to complete task. Living off Motrin at night and in the morning. I had surgery on severly torn Rotator Cuff back in November 2009 which required 3 plastic screws for reattachment.

What is it that you don't agree with? What makes you think any QME will change what your treating doctor has stated? It's a coin filp you know.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

the time varies and has been a lot longer since the governor started state employee furloughs. They recently cleared up a 2-3 month backlog.
shouldn't be more then 30 days now.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_newslines/..._39-10.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:What is it that you don't agree with? What makes you think any QME will change what your treating doctor has stated? It's a coin filp you know.

I disagree with the rating of 5% and the lifting of 30lb since my job is more detailed than just lifting.

Well, to be honest, you only take Mortin, and it seems a lift restriction of 30 pounds, the doctor is saying your shoulder is quite well. And that is why the rating of 5%. So, what is it you expect a QME to do then?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Well, to be honest, you only take Mortin, and it seems a lift restriction of 30 pounds, the doctor is saying your shoulder is quite well. And that is why the rating of 5%. So, what is it you expect a QME to do then?
That's just it, because of my line of work it needs to be more detailed. My students weigh more than 30 lbs. My job entails getting them out of wheel chairs into special equipment. Getting on the toilet with assistance, helping them pull pants up & down, learning to hold on to an adapted chair for toileting, bearing weight, etc. Have you heard of a program called M.O.V.E. (Mobility opportunities Via Education) it involes very physical work on all your body parts and your arms take a beating along with your back.

your impairment rating does not take into account the weight of your students or any occupational functions.
the permanent disability rating that is applied after the physicians rating will apply the appropriate occupational modifier.
I suspect your appeal of the WPI rating from the AMA guidelines is premature on that basis.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:your impairment rating does not take into account the weight of your students or any occupational functions.
the permanent disability rating that is applied after the physicians rating will apply the appropriate occupational modifier.
I suspect your appeal of the WPI rating from the AMA guidelines is premature on that basis.
I am so glad I found this site and thanks for your information. It is so difficult to understand this process with wc. Thanks but I also feel that Doctors sometimes don't understand your job duties even though they ask you to explain what you do, they just go by your title and put you in a basket with the every one with the same title even though your job may be totally different.

fyi--when i first attend a doctors appt especially in a work comp case i take a copy of the requirements of my job printed out by the company. that way they do not have to rely on information i might of told them in the beginning what my job entails but literaly has it in the palm of their hands.

have a great day

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused2010, I think you have given me a better picture at what I think your looking for.

First is, a rating is just that, a rating that states you have lost a certain amount of a percentage of use of such body part.

But that isn't what your looking for.

Your looking for a doctor to say what your limitations are of the shoulder being used. Such as what is called Work Restrictions. Meaning what are the work restrictions in place for your shoulder as to how it meets with your type of work. See, that is mostly outlined for you, once it has been said by your doctor that you can return to work now. Then they the doctor writes out and outlines your work restrictions.

That isn't the same as a rating. So, you see the QME is going to rate you, but just maybe also might outline certain work restrictions. Now I'm not sure on how CA QME's perform that task. But, you can always ask.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder surgery CANurse 3 399 04-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Shoulder surgery Pythonbunny 14 10,439 10-31-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  ACDF AND SHOULDER SURGERY NevadaCervical 4567 4 8,816 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: NevadaCervical 4567
  Shoulder Surgery on WC CALIF Debbysue64 8 11,837 12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion Mseries 4 6,944 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Shoulder Injury Surgery denied 4104ever 5 16,340 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: kate
  Nerve block for shoulder surgery? NVworker 6 36,876 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Last Post: leazdad
  Shoulder Surgery 5 mos. Ago, Now Severe Elbow Pain krl 25 39,066 11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Shoulder question and TTD before having surgery??? NVworker 10 12,102 03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  Shoulder surgery peeps djkics 1 4,137 02-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Pooh