Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress and Health Claim??
Hello everyone,

I am new here and want to thank you in advance for your assistance.

I have been put on medical leave due to being overwhelmed with my workload and having to endure a hostile work environment. I have continuously asked for help with the workload and have reported the hostile environment several times and nothing has been done about either. I requested help on Monday and reported an employee for breaking company rules while being on the clock. The problem is that the person that I reported is my supervisors daughter and I was sent an e-mail stating that I needed to take the next day off to “Think long and hard if I wanted to be employed there” and that I may not return to the office until I meet the owner and my supervisor off-site to discuss my employment.

When I started this position almost two years ago, I was on one medication once a day for high blood pressure. I have sense been hospitalized twice and am now on 4 medications 3 times a day to control anxiety and Blood Pressure.

I am now on medical leave and my supervisor keeps e-mailing me and asking me to do work. I just responded that I am on medical leave due to the stress and harassment at work and not seen fit by a medical doctor to work and that I can not assist her at this time.

Can I file a claim for a stress related injury?

you can file a claim for anything but in order to have it accepted and to receive workers compensation benefits you will need a medical opinion supporting your need to be off work and that its caused by your job.
mental stress claims have other more stringent criteria in order to qualify for benefits:
It cannot be the result of a good faith personnel action and you have to be employed for at least 6 months.
if your employer has not provided you with a claim form, there is one here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCForm1.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Can you explain why you say hostile work environment? What is it, that is hostile?

Thank you
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cashing out claim and using own health insurance wcthaway 2 599 05-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Last Post: wcthaway
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 878 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Califoria stress claims CaseyandMarie 28 19,361 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: BB019
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 9,919 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Stress Claim - Northern California 052614 1 3,922 06-10-2014, 11:49 AM
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 17,482 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
  Everybody Loves Stress...Help in California JCHoyle 7 9,685 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: injuredinil2
  stress claim Hawaii Lydia 8 12,268 08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  stress and anxiety in california meyea 20 35,522 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Does stress leave have to be a workman's comp claim? ConfusedInCalifornia 5 17,453 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM