Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal cord stimulation
hi guys, just to let you all know that the scs managers can tell exactly how much you use your scs(hours) and what density you use it at. just like when you were in surgery and they stood in front of you controlling it they can do the same with you in the doctors office and get a reading printed out that goes into your file. they can also tell from this reading whether or not your scs is working propably or not. this information is part of your file and is released to the workcomp co or your insurance co. this is a way they know whether or not you are really using it---does it really work for you should they be responsible to replace it in the future just fyi

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newbieRolleyes

CC. you are lucky. My wife got me good one night, and yes I used some choice words. For me to adjust mine, I just have to have the controll pointing at the scs and with in about a foot from it.

I change my settings as well as pulse/bandwith as needed. I generally have it set to number 4.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

[/quote]Can my workers comp insurance adjuster deny my doctors recommendation for a SCS? He seemed a little hesitant when I spoke with him last. I am going for my fifth RF nerve ablation Tuesday and I will tell my doctor that I will accept his recommendation but I don't know if WC will approve it. What are my rights? I'm new here, help would be appreciated, spord.

Spord, Yes the IC can deny a scs as well as anything else that is requested. What will decide the issue is " medical necessity " and that is determined by " Medical Oppinion ".
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

fireball Wrote:popflier--have your doctor send all your records to the workcomp "medical review board". unlike the ime's who never recieve all your records they will get them all and make a professional decision. make sure your doctor includes all the medicines you are on and have been on p/t literally everything you have tried in the past and are doing know. the review board will send your doctor a copy of their findings--whether or not they think it is "medical necessary"-your adjuster a copy and you. although deeming that it is medical necessary does not mean for sure w/comp will pay for it but, i have found they go by what their review board says--good luck

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I've heard people talk on here about them not having good experiences with their IME's, however that is not the case with me. My attorney fought WC for almost 5 months in order to find an IME that they both agreed on. WC flew me out to CA for my appointment and I had my girlfriend come with me as she's a medical practitioner herself and works in HIPPA compliance too. The IME's office was a bit sketchy. When I was taken back to the exam room another doctor was actually in my room lying down on the exam table taking a nap. After he got up and left they didn't even replace the paper on the table. I changed it myself and that's when I noticed that there were boxes of medical records for tons of patients sitting there with no top to the box. ***Major HIPPA violation!!*** I took photos of the open boxes of medical records on my phone and my girlfriend and I decided that if we didn't like what this doctor had to say that we were going to report him for violating HIPPA patient privacy and security and we'd insist on a new doctor. But this doctor gave me everything I wanted, including recommending surgery, which was what I had been trying to get approved for 2 years.

The problem I am having is with the WC utilization review board. Is this the same thing you are referring to?

I'm VERY fortunate in that I have both my doctor and his assistant on my side. They are both fighting very hard for me and in fact my doctors assistant was so angry by the fact that WC lied about speaking to my doctor that the assistant called me just to vent her outrage.

so you got what you wanted.....and your gonna throw all those other patients under the bus......your GF is a medical practitioner who is sworn to do no harm and she threw all those patients under the bus also.....if that Dr had all those records open to public viewing and your GF didnt say something she is just as guilty as he......the next patient may not be as lucky as you.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It's never to late to do the right thing here.. You say you got what you wanted,, and if you didnt you would have turned them in... What about the next person.......? Either way they are violating the law, just think your file could be laying out in the open for every one to see......All it takes is a phone call........

I am glad you got it though....good luck.

The doctor would get a simple fine, clean it up, and move on if reported. Nothing much more would of happen in either case. Just no winner there at all.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

maybe so..... just doesnt sit right in my craw.... but then maybe I am a bit to sensitive......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the risks of spinal cord stimulators California_Help 0 138 06-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Spinal cord stimulators come with risks California_Help 2 402 04-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Spinal Cord Stimulator peanut222 12 14,627 01-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Tony890
  Spinal Cord Stimulator Cervical_Fusion 21 20,439 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: 1171
  MMI with a Spinal Cord Stimulator jennco1 13 21,360 06-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CRPS I & II & Spinal cord stimulator Sithie 7 6,036 12-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  spinal cord stimulator backpainfla 13 16,646 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: backpainfla
Rolleyes Does Spinal Cord Stimulation work? Sunshine7 24 29,332 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Spinal cord stimulator kytyki 6 7,609 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Hurt at work / Spinal cord stimulator AQA 15 18,790 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2