Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal cord stimulation
I'm counting on my fingers here, but I believe it was 13 months from original request for trial SCS, to approval. A lot of hoops had to be jumped during that time, but mostly from my WC PTP and WC PM doctors. Thank God for them. It really makes a difference having drs. on your side, and knowing how to submit timely and accurate reports to the I/C. Then it was 6 weeks after trial before I was approved for the Perm. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

I find it interesting that some of you are able to have the SCS read. Meaning they know how much you use it and at what setting. Although knowing at what setting doesn't amount to much, if anything.

Popflier, First off, you quoted a comment that I made. That comment was in reference to JAYNE'S dirty mind.
Second, I have to agree with others. It is going to take some good drs. with good staff. They will have to be on top of thier game. To show medical necessity they are going to have to show your medical past and then some. I recall mine went to an IRO for final decision, along with a very polite letter from me. Well, I say it was polite. My wife says I used to many four letter words.

I do wish you the best.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA only you caught it Brother dear..................
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

AQA, I don't remember if you said, but has your case settled? I'm asking because I was made MMI with future medical which included an SCS. The QME that made me MMI also rated me. Now my AA said I will need to go back to QME for updated rating. I guess I just don't understand. Tongue

CC. I wish I could help, but on this one I can't.

Different states = different rules. My DOI was 8-05. I was at MMI at 8-07 (state statue) 104 weeks. I didn't get the trial until 11-07 and the final implant 12-07. Well after MMI and rating. I don't think it would have made a difference in TEXAS.

I think you may want to pose the question to 1171. I wish I could help.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Thanks anyway!
My SCS rep just holds her main unit's antenna against my implant and gets a printout of my usage, and the strengths. I noticed that my PM doc put that data in his report to the I/C. He dictates his reports before I leave his office. I really like the doctors that do this.

Started sitting in the spa. Dr. said I could after 4 weeks. Really missed the spa and it feels so good to the rest of me. LOL! No exercising yet, except for walking.

Yesterday I did a video on my ipod of my SCS scars. Boy are they ugly!!!! LOL!

You guys are right that a good doc on your side make a world of difference. On my SCS since WC was denying everything we had to go thru my insurance. Still took about a year to get that done but after trial I had the perm one done about 4 weeks later. And now WC is paying back for it.

CC. Interesting. Mind you that I have an older model.

When I see the rep. He puts the controller in a holder that is connect to his laptop. That is how he changes the controller for me. He always pisses me off because he never tells me when he is testing the output. That is when the controll goes to level 10, and yes. I do come out of the chair. LOL

As far as the scars go. Over time they will look better. Just curious, were you able to cut down on the meds.... If you don't mind me asking.

Mine is a medtronic device and the rep has a little hand held controller that just put an antenna up next to my unit and read it. It's more like a PDA device they can change stuff with

AQA, about the meds..................ugh! I had to cut most out in January after being dx'd with CKD Stage 2 and Kidney anemia. It was very hard to wean off the lyrica as I was at the max dose, and used narcs as needed. Also no more anti-inflamatories. That's about the time I got serious about getting in the warm water for therapy every day. It takes down inflamation.

After implant, I took narcs for a week, then tapered off to advil for about a week.

I still have to take the depression meds; cymbalta and klonopin, and they do have some pain relief.

So when getting the SCS, it was taken into consideration that I had very little alternatives.

OMG, level 10!!!!! With my unit, an antenna has to be held against my implant in order to adjust. So glad because my husband tried to get ahold of my unit to zap me. LOL!

What level do you guys generally use? If you don't mind me asking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the risks of spinal cord stimulators California_Help 0 142 06-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Spinal cord stimulators come with risks California_Help 2 416 04-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Spinal Cord Stimulator peanut222 12 14,685 01-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Tony890
  Spinal Cord Stimulator Cervical_Fusion 21 20,506 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: 1171
  MMI with a Spinal Cord Stimulator jennco1 13 21,463 06-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CRPS I & II & Spinal cord stimulator Sithie 7 6,078 12-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  spinal cord stimulator backpainfla 13 16,669 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: backpainfla
Rolleyes Does Spinal Cord Stimulation work? Sunshine7 24 29,395 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Spinal cord stimulator kytyki 6 7,621 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Hurt at work / Spinal cord stimulator AQA 15 18,808 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2