Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to end this nightmare, I need to settle
glad it worked out for you.
oklahoma comp laws are different then california comp laws.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:you cannot settle until a doctor gives an opinion and rating on any permanent impairment or releases you to full work. without an impairment rating no one can judge whether the amount is fair.

Look over the QME again I don't see a rating, the doctor who was going to do my surgery before it was cancelled said that the QME dr even though it was in my favor didn't make since. The QME doctor just followed the wc adjustor instruction directly. I was told before by my old attorney that they was a set rate according to the injury, my state disability has to be paid back also.

I wonder will they deduct the old rating from the new rating? Does it go up when you have a new claim which branches off from the old claim? I worked for a government agency their wc are very complete, they act like they know more then the attorneys, which make since when they money doesn't belong to the adjustor. They will can make all kinds of problems if they don't like you or the attorney.

the law allows deduction if the ratings overlap. it depends on what the medical reports say; it doesn't go up or down automatically because of prior ratings.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-12-2010, 08:56 PM)Wink Wrote:
Ilyn Wrote:I assuming wc trying to settle the new claim because it was accepted and I had a qme as requested by wc. The surgery was under my private insurance which I was hit hard in payment since leaving my jobSad,I also paid all the deductible even though I had future medical from the old claim. I did notify wc before the surgery because I had to prove continue treatment for the new claim. Like I said my job of over 20 years had become a nightmare, so if they and I can come to some agreement I will be so happy. The same adjustor did this last time push to close the case when I had no ideal the case was still open. They were notified right from the beginning, I don't want it prolonged this I'm getting my shoulder surgery through my insurance also. What is reasonable to ask for to settle without me jumping through more hoops?

Ilyn, if your shoulder injury is a Work Comp issue, then your private insurance carrier is NOT going to be too happy about paying for shoulder surgery. If you settle with Workers' Comp for any sum of money for your shoulder injury then your private insurance carrier is going to come after you for what another party should have paid, that is, if you go ahead and have the surgery through your private insurance, and if they find out. It is very possible that they will. You see?

Someone, correct me if I am wrong.

My surgery was also performed thru my own private insurance, and I know in Oklahoma, they CAN NOT come after you, they have to sue the IC because by law the IC is responsible to pay, So that issue is between the 2 insurance companies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Approaching my mmi after a 2 level acdf surgery and the nightmare has no end in sight gopack4mvp2 5 7,219 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Rotator cuff , employer nightmare , lombar 5 7,064 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Comp Nightmare ajenyksr 18 10,884 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  My workers comp nightmare! mrclean331 4 11,118 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  workers comp nightmare lifeisaparty? 10 9,902 04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Last Post: lifeisaparty?
  What do I expect next for this knee nightmare? cherokeegal 8 7,163 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Workers Comp nightmare! IronBull 1 3,690 10-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Knee injury nightmare cherokeegal 79 54,020 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Last Post: cherokeegal
  Voc Rehab Nightmare dano1203 3 6,411 01-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: dano1203
  How to walk away from this nightmare! alagada1 3 5,437 11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Jade