Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CA Claim
Question 
Hello,
I have a few questions re: a new workers comp claim. Was seen by personal physician first regarding shoulder/neck pain. After 3 weeks of rest and physical therapy and being off work, no improvement so doctor says pain is work related and advised me to alert employer to file WC claim as cause must be work related. My doc does not do WC claims so now I guess I will have to see my employer's doctor. Will I receive a list of network docs and need to choose one or will they pick one for me? I am wondering if I can go to a more metropolitan area (Bay Area) for my treatment instead of relying on docs in this small town? Do I need an attorney? New to this process and very unfamiliar and stressing over how this works. My doctor tells me CA WC is very complicated and I am worried. Thank you for any advice.

not all employers or carriers have a medical provider network.
those that do require you to choose one.
if they don't send you a list, many have them online.
because they have to pay mileage they generally require a local physician for treatment.
you can get a second opinion outside your immediate area.
an atty is not required to receive benefits.
lots of information on the state's website.
start here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
you employer can provide you a claim for or you can get one on line:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCForm1.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I too filed my WC claim (california) after the fact because my primary reported my injury as workers comp. Immediately after filing, my employer sent me to their "frontline WC doctor" who happened to be in the same medical clinic as my primary. Had to start completely over with WC doc. It was a little inconvenient, but that's the way it was. After you see your employer's doctor, you can change to any doctor listed in their MPN if they have one.

Read what 1171 posted from the DWC site, and educate yourself on the rules and regs in California.

Good luck to you!
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 18,263 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Last Post: 1171