Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
disc damage and wc questions
i just received a letter in the mail from my attys office stating that a final hearing has been scheduled and my attendance is required but givin no date ! also i spoke with the parralegal on thurs day and they still knew nothing still hadnt recieved my drs transcripts! what does all this mean? thanks in advance!

"final hearing" usually means all the evidence supporting both sides of the issue is to be submitted for a judges decision.
"attendance required" means you have to be there in order for it to happen.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

i dont understand how all of a sudden out of no where we are going to a final hearing! i still havnt had a fce and my psych eval that my dr prescribed and as far as i know no mmi rating has been givin the last i heard they were still waiting on transcripts! that was as of thurs when i spoke to my parralegal then on friday this letter was typed up and mailed, no phone call or nothing ! i feel like my attys are screwin me aswell they have been up to something the last couple weeks and not tellin me anything! everytime i call we are still waiting on notes from the dr!

I'm not sure it applies to all issues. when applying for a hearing, specific issues to be decided have to be stated.
final hearing doesn't mean there can't be additional hearings on issues not yet known.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

ok well i dont even know who applied for said hearing my attys are keeping me in the dark as much as the ic was with out an atty!

if you don't trust your attys to manage your litigation you should start looking for another.
some things can't be undone.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The final hearing must occur within 210 days of the filing of the Petition for Benefits. The judge of compensation claims sets the time and date after receiving the mediation report showing that all the issues were not resolved at mediation. The final hearing is run like a trial without a jury and is held in the workers' compensation district in which the accident occurred. The judge hears evidence and witnesses from the claimant and then from the employer/carrier. Within thirty (30) days after the final hearing, the judge of compensation claims issues a written decision as to whether the claimant is entitled to the benefits claimed.

Within thirty (30) days after the final hearing order, either party may appeal the judge's decision to a three-judge panel of the Florida First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee. However, an appeal is not a second chance. The appellate court will change the judge's decision only if the judge either misapplied the law or made factual findings that were not supported by the evidence at the final hearing. Therefore, only a very small percentage of final hearing orders are changed on appeal. If an appeal is taken, the decision from the appellate court usually takes at least six months.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

we have never done mediation does this matter?

It's just a definition. Or theory of what it can be, or be for.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

i found out this final hearing is something the state automatically does when a petition for benefits is filed. most likely it will be dismissed once the ic approves the psych eval.

also has any of you all dealt with depression with your injuries? i dont know if its my meds or the pain or the combination but im an upbeat person normally and i find my self going up and down all the time its like a wave! i hope they get this going cause i think it will help with me dealing with all this!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So your doctor says you have a herniated or bulging disc California_Help 5 1,941 02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 2,295 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 2,384 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim Peanut 2 5,311 06-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 43,183 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 27,251 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 5,630 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
  TIP to view medical images on disc... 1171 5 7,747 07-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 17,229 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question pain coming back 6yrs after disc replacement RockyTopVFL 6 10,228 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62