Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
disc damage and wc questions
i just found this site! i got hurt in october of 09' ive i have a total of nine herniated discs in my back l4-l5& l5-s1 in my lumbar and t4-t5 threw t10-t11! actually 4 are bulging and protruding and five are herinated! anyways ive done physical therapy , traction , massage therapy, 4 epidurrals and it hasn't helped actually the pain has only gotten worse! i went to my "surgeon " and he says im inoperable cause no surgeon would attempt my thoracic and my lumbar isn't bad enough to do surgery! he put me at mmi and ordered and fce i was on light duty sedetary, but it was honestly making things worse for me! so im now on no work status until an fce can be determined! and im awaiting a psych evaluation for depression, im 31 with two young kids and a wife to support and it has been my worst night mare tryin to hold everything together!now im at pain management and they are going to try facet injections to try and block some pain! what should i expect from this fce and since my dr has tranfered care to my pain managment dr it seems as if this is my only option! any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks alot !backpainfla!

also this is in florida where from what ive been told is one of the worst states to be an injured worker in!!!

this site has a nice search function at the top of this page that will pull up a list of posts with much information about FCEs. this subject and most others have been discussed a lot on these boards.
it should be one of the first option most new posters should try.
reviewing a lot of basic information will allow you to refine your post to very specific questions that can be of the most help to you and the many others who read this site.
give it a try and we'll be glad to help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Pain managment is your option and the best one at that. Surgeon is correct, as the Thoraic spine isn't something surgeons wish to try and operate on. I't can kill you, or cripple you if they do try surgery.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

backpainfla Wrote:also this is in florida where from what ive been told is one of the worst states to be an injured worker in!!!

1171 Wrote:this site has a nice search function at the top of this page that will pull up a list of posts with much information about FCEs. this subject and most others have been discussed a lot on these boards.
it should be one of the first option most new posters should try.
reviewing a lot of basic information will allow you to refine your post to very specific questions that can be of the most help to you and the many others who read this site.
give it a try and we'll be glad to help.
yah i seen the search option after i posted this thread thanks!

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Pain managment is your option and the best one at that. Surgeon is correct, as the Thoraic spine isn't something surgeons wish to try and operate on. I't can kill you, or cripple you if they do try surgery.
I just have a hard time excepting that this is what i will have to deal with for the rest of my life! And with this fce thing coming i dont unnderstand is this just for them to determine my "dissability rating" and if so what does this mean to me and my wc benefits?

no, an FCE is not a rating exam.
it can help the doctor measure progress in your recovery.
not all FCE are the same and not all physicians use them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

as 1171 stated. Unless you know the reasoning behind why an FCE has been ordered, it's hard to say what it is going to be used for.

Your best bet might be to go apply now for Social Security Disability.

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

im just kind of confused cause my nuero surgeon checked off that im at mmi but did not give me a rating and released me from his care to have an fce to determine work status! this also bugs me that my attorneys have no answers for me they just say now that my pm dr is now my treating physician and they are waiting for the surgeons notes because i am entitled to a one time chang in physician but they dont think its nessesary , but in the mean time im stuck in limbo and dont know what to do! i was released over two weeks ago and still no appt for psych or for fce and they just keep tellin me theyre waiting for transcriptions!

From all you wrote today, it's seems your attorney is on the ball. I don't see different.

From what you just wrote, you answered your question on the FCE. It's to see where you will not fit into the work system, if your able to at all.

Have you filed for Social Security Disability, and if not, why not?

no i havent filed yet because they haven't determined if im dissabled yet. i was under the impression i had to wait for my atty to advise me to file for disability. so far i havent been givin any sort of ratings. untill about two weeks ago ive spent the last 9 months on sedetary duty and since the beginning i was tellin all the drs that it was killin me to sit there, he finally put me on no work at my last appt with him when he released me from his care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So your doctor says you have a herniated or bulging disc California_Help 5 1,834 02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 2,233 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 2,330 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim Peanut 2 5,236 06-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 42,977 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 27,042 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 5,576 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
  TIP to view medical images on disc... 1171 5 7,656 07-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 17,074 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question pain coming back 6yrs after disc replacement RockyTopVFL 6 10,117 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62