Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just released by dr., couple questions (NE)
In Nebraska
Shot a 2 1/2" staple into my wrist 1 year ago, hit a nerve but didn't sever it completely. Since the surgery I have gotten most of the feeling back in the 3 fingers that were affected, there is about a 10% movement loss in each direction of the wrist. My last visit with the doctor was this week, MMI?

I frame and set walls for houses and use that wrist many many times a day to position studs, and my wrist still aches constantly at work. The surgeon said because of my age, 38, it's as good as it's going to get, and more surgery down the road will not help any. He also said I'll most likely develop arthritis in that wrist much earlier than normal (I can already feel it all winter long).

I have had no problems with work accomidating me after the injury and the workers comp rep's have kept me informed.

My company/workmans comp has a track record of setting with it's employees very quickly, so if I'm going to be offered a settlement it should be any day now.

My concerns:
I know wc, as with any insurance company will play lowball, do I need an attorney if I feel I'm getting the shaft? The long term effects are almost negligible so I don't expect a truckload of money, but with the almost constant pain while at work and the threat of arthritis would I be smarter to just keep the case open for awhile and see what happens?

Would I even be able to prove early arthritis was caused by this injury?
I am in pretty good health otherwise, no aches or pains at all to speak of.
Is there a way to find out what would be covered in the future under wc?

Any help/insight is appreciated

WC doesnt pain for pain or suffering.....they only pay for loss so if your Dr said little to no loss then there could be little to no settlement....the pros will be on in a bit to give you a better idea
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

But you have the right to have an attorney represent you. In most cases benefits are paid without an attorney or the Workers' Compensation Court becoming involved.

The law does not require you to have an attorney in order to file a motion or petition (lawsuit) and receive a hearing before the court, and you may represent yourself at trial. No one other than you or an attorney may represent you. If you represent yourself you will be held to the same legal standards as parties who do have an attorney. If you choose to have an attorney it is your responsibility to contact the attorney and make the arrangements. The court may not do this for you, and the court may not recommend an attorney
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Medical documents will be your settlement, it's all based on those documents, nothing more.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  released full duty but still have arm/leg weakness backwater 1 735 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Fractured Hip/just want to ask a couple questions 241050 5 1,826 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: smith.daniel@centurylink.net
  Touching bases...And couple questions. broom 3 1,308 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Released to work! Now What? Fusion26 17 11,804 08-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Fusion26
  Released to full duty but no work. Dacsr 3 7,119 12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
  Released for Work Ga. Gunny 3 4,840 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM
  Dr. released me to light duty, but I don't think I'm ready islandrock 7 16,564 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Last Post: islandrock
  Lump sum after being released to full duty?? Vicksquick7 1 7,057 02-03-2012, 04:17 AM
  How to get released from total temporary disability? UncleRuckus 3 7,360 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Woodlawn
  Released by IME Doc While Still Under Restrictions from My Doc HadEnuffAlready 5 13,513 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Last Post: gba2011