Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new member with 20month shoulder injury
Sad 
hello member just join today.decided to scope the web to find people who are going thru what im experiecing.family,ex co-workers and church members dont understand unless they been thru this.im from "Upstate"NY i have been out of work since 1/2009(even though the accident was recorded 11/6/08).i had surgery on my left shoulder(7/14/09)and 90days of physical theraphy.im a "Millwright" so i do a lot of physical work.but cant do that anymore.they want to send me to a retraining program called "Vesid".to learn a new profession(@54yrs old).i have been @my job for almost 30yrs before the accident.my comp lawyer told me i also need to get a "SSD"lawyer as well.Now what guys?i have been out now for 20months what is all this waiting?and what to expect?dont hear from any of my lawyers.anyone from ny gone thru this?

I'm not sure what you're asking…

next should be:
contact VESID and see what's offered.
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/...ndbook.pdf

you also contact an SS lawyer/representative
http://www.nosscr.org/

there maybe less waiting if you take the initiative.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking.
next:
you go to VESID and see what's offered.
you also contact an SS lawyer
more infor here

just curious about when my "SSD"should start or when i should get a settlement.after waiting for 20months you think i would hear from somenone by now about these things.

SS start date depends on too many individual variables.
where are you in the process?
SS is not going to contact you.

same thing with the comp settlement.
each system has it's own time frame and depends on variables.

what are the issues?
has an offer been made?
do you have a rating?
have you reached MMI?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

don1956 Wrote:
1171 Wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking.
next:
you go to VESID and see what's offered.
you also contact an SS lawyer
more infor here

just curious about when my "SSD"should start or when i should get a settlement.after waiting for 20months you think i would hear from somenone by now about these things.

P.S another reason why i may seem impatience is that they reduce my comp payment by $210.00 dollars.so im hurt'n to make my payments.so if i can get my "Settlemnet"soon it would be of great help.and this "Vesid" program do they pay me to attend or my involvement with them?

1171 Wrote:SS start date depends on too many individual variables.
where are you in the process?
SS is not going to contact you.

same thing with the comp settlement.
each system has it's own time frame and depends on variables.

what are the issues?
has an offer been made?
do you have a rating?
have you reached MMI?

no offers as yet.as a matter of fact what the lawyer did was take my settlement from comp and streched them into my bi weekly payment.cause i have been out of work for so long

Let me say this. If your questions are on money, and you neeed money. The answer is going to it's slow. It's a slow process. The answer is, you need to get moving, go get retrained at VESID. Just because you worked one job for 30 years, doesn't mean you can't learn something else. And for SSDI, go get an attorney, or file for it yourself. These are easy steps, all you have to do, is go do them.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

no you aren't given additional payments to use vocational rehabilitation and is voluntary in most cases.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks guys thats what i neede to knowSmile

ssdi attorney will take a junk of your money if all your injuries lead down to the road of disibilaty--like bbbb said you can file on your own--its easy and if you have nothing to hide your road to recieving it will be long yet worth it. like everything else in this system time time time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder Injury-GA educatorgirl 4 1,970 05-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Right shoulder injury Wiscnsin march383 1 1,854 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
  Work injury - shoulder Help! DragonSword 6 7,890 03-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: DragonSword
  Shoulder Injury sithru22 15 8,944 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: sithru22
  new shoulder injury at work nepatsfan001 12 8,614 09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  shoulder injurys/job injury leave fathertime 10 13,338 08-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 9,359 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956
Question Im new member i think i am getting the run around. shellsback 10 4,667 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Last Post: shellsback
  New Member Nana4 13 6,282 10-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Shoulder Injury Surgery denied 4104ever 5 16,339 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: kate