Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bored to death
with doing nothing while healing. I could make good use of my time but no incentive. Tongue All this talk about exercise and diet has made me hungry so I made a chocolate cake for tonight. Now I just need someone to pick up some ice cream!
Let Go, and Let God......

I don't know about excersise, but I suggest you do as much walking as you can.

As far as the ice cream goes. Your on your own. I am still working on getting my girlish figure back.

Hey, if you get the ice cream, don't forget the soda.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Do you have a Braums near by?

There ice cream is awesome, if the ice cream is all I am getting I go thru the drive thru.

Being bored is a problem I don't have, with three trips to the emergency room this past week with the kiddos, and my daughter's foot surgery.

Take care and enjoy the cake.

AQA Wrote:I don't know about excersise, but I suggest you do as much walking as you can.

As far as the ice cream goes. Your on your own. I am still working on getting my girlish figure back.

Hey, if you get the ice cream, don't forget the soda.

I thought there was something girlish about you LOL
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Got my ice cream. Love Thrify's Ice Cream which is purchased at Rite Aide Drug Store. Don't know if it's franchised or not.

AQA, why do you want a girlish figure? LOL! I have been eating more this past week than I have for a while now. Trying to keep it to lots of protein and healthy calories (cake and ice cream) to promote healing.

As far as walking, I'm trying. Both yesterday and today I walked the sidewalk in front of my house with my dog right behind me and my (his) kitten trailing right behind him and meowing all the way. Oh, they are so cute together, and the best of friends now! What a sight; 80 lb. dog (see my avator) and 2 lb. kitten.

Besides, it's hotter than hades here!

Bummer, never heard of Braums, but thanks!

Thats just me having fun CC.. Prior to the injury in 05, well, back in 84 when I joined the military I was 6 foot and 145 lbs. After the service I was still 6 foot and 165 lbs.. I remained there until the injury. Now (that's right), I am still 6 foot and 205. I am trying to loose about 30lbs.. Just to get rid of the belly. However, if I continue to losse the hair. It may offset it. LOL

Yes, I know, that was "to much information" LOL

Say, were'nt we suppose to be talking about you being bored to death???????
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Ok...all how is it you are bored...teach me how to do this. I am serious here. My life is spinning and spinning and spinning with activity. Just this week, I had a 4 hour quilting class, a 3 hour oil painting class and both classes required some work to be done before you go, then it was a pay period so there was shopping and so forth, then Del and I took our granddaughter to the YMCA twice this week for her swimming lesson so she stayed with us for 2 days and nights, I had a doctor’s appointment and went to the YMCA twice so far this week. Del's birthday was this week so I had his brothers here for dinner to celebrate. I just got home from grocery shopping with Del because we are having his entire family over which amounts to about 40 people with kids for a Mexican Fiesta...guess who is cooking ..It is already started. The list of food is long and of course it is all Mexican, beef and chicken enchiladas, impalas (sp), taco pizzas, Spanish Rice, Hot Rice, Mexican Corn bread, Sweet cornbread, taco salad in flour shells that I have to make, refried beans, chili, taco meat, ...all of it is from scratch or homemade..Even the refried beans...I made the beans from dry beans and went from there, then I am making salsa, chili queso, and avocado dips... for appetizers... there will spicy tortillas, mini Mexican quiches, Mexican pinwheels, and something I don't know how to spell... then for desserts we are making a flan custard, homemade ice cream...this is requested every time they come to my house, cinnamon chips with a fruit salsa,... and to drink dry margaritas... I just bought the groceries and have two days to finish all of it... help... Chris come to my house I can put you to work... no boredom here... sometimes I wish I would just rest and let it all go... but fear what would happen if I do I think... Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

AQA, you are entertaining me, as usual! Are you really losing your hair? T.M.I.??????? When I conplain about having to color my hair to cover the gray, my husband says, "at least you have hair!" LOL!!!! I think men look very sexy with a bald head. Men even look good when they start turning gray. It's just not fair to us women! Gray makes us look old, and balding or hair thinning is disasterous!!!!

Red, I rarely get bored. Since my injury in 2006, everything is a blur and time has passed so fast. This is the first time in years I have been antsy. I want to go backpacking. I want to climb a mountain. I want to swim in the ocean, but most of all, I want to ride a bike forever and a day and feel the wind and enjoy the scenery. Awhhhhhhh! One can dream, right?

You are one busy lady. Tongue

Quote:Chris come to my house I can put you to work... no boredom here... sometimes I wish I would just rest and let it all go... but fear what would happen if I do I think... Red

Red, I know part of my boredom is not being able to do anything. The chores are divied out until I am able to do them. It feels so weird watching the guys do all the work. My husband got a little look on his face when he saw that I had made a cake, but that didn't stop him from eating a couple of pieces! LOL!!!!!

CC. Men that go bald on front of thier head, are thickers. Men that go bald on the back of thier head, are lovers. Men that go bald on top of thier head, just think they are lovers.

That can be changed (part of the head) to fit the needs of humor.

And NO. I will not say what part of the head I am loosing hair. Mine was red, then black, and now it is black and gray and fading fast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bored as all get out jayne 13 6,188 11-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Pastor On His Death Bed Cervical_Fusion 2 2,671 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Trial on friend's death underway Bummer Knees 9 8,140 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 4,156 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Death by fixodent? jayne 15 12,243 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
  Prayer request Death in Family Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 19,289 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  I'm scared to death monster 18 9,952 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
  death of a salesman hurt at work 2 2,795 01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  til death do us part hurt at work 5 4,273 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Feeling better and bored Tuffy 12 6,725 05-28-2008, 09:46 PM