Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Csse Manager
MyBB 
I was recently injured at work. I have a sales job that requires many hours walking and standing. My injury is to my lower back includes L4 L5 and S1 herniated, with nerve infringement that causes back and thigh pain. I also have had urinary incontinent issue. My insurer is attempting to force me back to work. I have been out less than 4 weeks.
She now wants to assign a filed case nurse manager, saying this is for my benefit to make sure I am getting all the services I am entitled to and enable her to get Dr info in a timely manner. I said I had this fax to you while I was standing in the Dr office, how much faster do you want them?
I feel this is an invasion of my privacy and I don't need an advocate from any one but them.
I am in Massachusetts, do I have to comply?

Well, you can get an attorney now?

It's not an invasion of my privacy for the Insurance is paying the bills, they are allowed this information anyways.

If only 4 weeks, you will be out longer then that. But, it's been said, going to work with restrictions is sometimes better.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

it's the carriers/employers claim.
you have little say over who they assign to the file.
you cannot veto their atty assignment; adjuster or claim mgr assignment; or their second opinion doctor.
if they are not violating their license then you have little recourse.

you have some rights as far as direct contact.
what are you having to comply with?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/gl-152-toc.htm
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Please make sure that you see a urologist or even better, a urogynecologist for the urinary incontinence (if you are a female). It's important that this issue is addressed asap to avoid it getting worse. My nurse manager has everything on me regarding medical records pertaining to my injury. I also have a copy to make sure that I am seeing what they are seeing. As Bad Boy said, get an attorney NOW to help you walk through this jungle called Workman's Compensation. Good luck to you.

I believe a field case manager is the same as a ncm. As posted they have all the rights to that information weather you sign anything or not. I have had a great ncm compared to many, she helps with appointments has helped me get my meds, she has been like an inbetween with me and the ins adjuster. I allow her to sit in with my appoinments, sometimes durring and sometimes after, and then thier has been drs that wont allow them in.. It is my choice to allow her but I can change my mind at anytime. She will get the drs notes anyways, and It doesnt hurt to talk with a lawyer (WC lawyer) the first visit is allways free. Dont just choose the first one you see see several if possible and check on thier back ground before you choose. Make sure your comfortable talking and you can understand him/her and they can understand you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,381 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,988 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,641 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 21,327 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,821 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 26,451 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,336 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 16,976 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Assistant Manager not sure what to do... Bnkrbv 4 6,897 10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  field investigator? lostinspace 19 18,924 09-27-2010, 10:56 PM