Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security Lawyer
Texas

I recently got online after again being denied for Social Security benies to search for a Social Security lawyer. I do have enough work credits to receive all SS benefits. I signed up to receive a call from several lawyers. After discussing parts of my case with them they inquired about my WC injury and was I still getting payments. I told the yes and would soon be getting IB's. They wanted to know how much I was making-I told them I didn't know why that should concern them. They said SSA will not allow them to take a case on contingency for people who make over $1500/month. I alone through my WC payments make almost $1600. I was told it only mattered what I made not what the family made.

I understand many people say it doesn't matter what I make since the lawyer is only paid if you win-even then, the most he can make from it is $5300. I'm not certain why 3 different groups of lawyers all told me the same thing. Maybe some of you never experienced this because you were far below this threshold. Maybe some of you were at zero income, so your income never became an issue.

I'm being told my problem is my income. I'm told that I make a bit more than the average person on WC. I say great! But it does nothing for me if I can't get help.
The tree of liberty should be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants. We have three in office right now-obama, holder, and napo!

I am wondering if they thought you were trying to apply for SSI. Then I could see why there would be a dollar cap.

However, SSDI is not based on income. It is based on disability.

I am sure other will chime in shortly.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

well we are over your amount and never had a problem course we didnt need to hire a lawyer to get ours...SSDI isnt based on income however SSI is maybe you are confused?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

AQA-
It wasn't about SSI. It was about SSD. I was under the understanding that I wouldn't even have to disclose my income. But, according to the SSA I can be required to disclose and most law firms will not take anyone making more than $1000.
The tree of liberty should be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants. We have three in office right now-obama, holder, and napo!

Just maybe the reason is; If your getting a source of money from say Work Comp, a SSD account fund, would have to be reduce to a certain amount, to off-set income amounts. Being said, I am wondering if that is the reason about the attorney's. For when the back pay comes, it is going to be at a reduced amount, cutting into the attorney fee, for not being at the full amount then.

I sent you a PM did you get it. I know many that used them. It's in the PM... Dosen't matter what State your from...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security bagpussinamerica 2 3,669 01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Workers Compensation and Social Security pas2355 1 5,718 11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Social Security and Worker's Comp pas2355 2 5,641 10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Social Security/Disability NY state sonny1 5 10,169 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Last Post: freebird
  Social Security Administration, Are re-evals happening more often? Bummer Knees 0 3,511 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  look for work & social Security? sonny1 2 6,564 03-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  worker comp+social security disability Illioins danrad 4 7,002 11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Emengency Fund? evolution03 7 8,756 07-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Carpal Tunnel Comp Case turning into Social security? johnnyworkcomp 5 15,865 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Last Post: jayne
  NEW INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM SOCIAL SECURITY.... 1171 19 16,513 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: freebird