Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE -and dominate arm injury- **Help**
AQA Wrote:Broken Wing, it is not uncommom for an injured worker to want the results NOW. I think now is the time for you to be patient. Let time take its course. Once you see your treating dr.. You will get the results. Then you take it from there.

I suggest that everyone get copies of thier medical records every six months. That way they can see whats in there. Doing that has come in handy several times for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're 100% right about me needing to be patient right now. lol
need to remember that I am a lot closer to having this over with than I was 2 years ago.... =-)

if your doctor is not familiar with doing AMA impairment ratings. you will likely have to travel and see a california doctor.
the carrier is required to pay travel expenses: mileage, room & board.

P.S. to help with any future posts you should put your state (calif) in your user control panel location field.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171, I do think NV where they live now, uses the AMA 5th Editin as of current;

http://dirweb.state.nv.us/WCS/ADL%20memo.pdf
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

yup.
good.
that may make it easier to get ratable report from the treating doctor.
I would not, however, be surprised if the california adjuster wanted a california Qualified Medical Examiner to do an additional rating.
they would make that decsion after reviewing the treaters report.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:if your doctor is not familiar with doing AMA impairment ratings. you will likely have to travel and see a california doctor.
the carrier is required to pay travel expenses: mileage, room & board.

P.S. to help with any future posts you should put your state (calif) in your user control panel location field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Injured in California-surgery and Doctor in Las Vegas)
After I was told that I needed surgery by two different doctors, my work comp. adjuster sent me to a QME.
The reason the insurance company finally agreed to the surgery was mainly because of his recommendation.

I wonder if they will make me go back to California to be evaluated by him again post surgery even though I just had the F.C.E and on the 26 my work comp. doctor will go over the results with me?

It seems as if they have the information they need to close my claim out, but who knows. They most likely will have me be seen by him again which is probably a good thing. I just want this all to be over with....
Thanks for "listening" to me vent... lol

Sharon

Just take you time with things, as it will be over when it's over, but, never ever try and rush it along. That is when mistakes will happen. Be patient.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.