Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE -and dominate arm injury- **Help**
Thank you everyone. I will GET a copy of the findings ASAP. I didn't know I was allowed a copy afterwards. Good to know info Bad Boy!!!!!

i suspect nothing will happen after the FCE.
california claims adjuster will wait until doctor sends additional information.
sounds like it's just something your doctor wants and will use it to form an opinion.
until the doctor's opinion is known it's just another medical test.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Couldn't agree less my Friend.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is apparently the latest euphemism for what used to be laughably called an Independent Medical Examination (IME) and it's a tool used by the insurance industry to uncover fraudulent claims. I use the word "laughably" because the whole insurance industry was in on the joke that there was nothing independent about IMEs that the insurance companies paid for.

In many cases an FCE can confirm the diagnoses of your own physicians and accurately calculate the extent of one's disability.

However, make no mistake, IMEs and FCEs were created by and for the insurance industry as tools to be used in defense against claims.

Not looking to scare you, just to educate you.

So, here are some places to review FCE information;

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/A+critical...a021078656

http://www.mcleancountyorthopedics.com/page/FCE.aspx

A company that touts its FCE as providing "scientifically sound, legally defensible solutions to problems concerning return-to-work questions". "Legally defensible" means that when an insurance uses it to deny benefits, the insurance company wins in court.

Souldn't be any doubt that the FCE is a tool of the insurance industry.

Which is why I suggest you be as vocal as possible in relaying your reactions to the examiner.

Ok~ Now I am sort of pissed at the moment. I called the place where the test was completed and I told them I wanted to get a copy of the findings and I would be coming by to pick it up. I was told that I WAS NOT allowed a copy of it. It was my doctors job to give it to me at my follow up appointment on the 26th. She then told me that if the doctor didn't give me a copy then at that time I could come by and get one from her. ?!?!?!?! Um- a little confused by not being able to have MY OWN medical information.... Can they withhold my own information from me before my treating DR. see's it? Even if I shouldn't have been pissed after getting off the phone with her, I was.

it's not really your own information; the doctor ordered it and the carrier paid for it.
they want the information to come thru someone who can interpret it correctly.
many lab results are handled the same way.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:it's not really your own information; the doctor ordered it and the carrier paid for it.
they want the information to come thru someone who can interpret it correctly.
many lab results are handled the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have a point but it isn't like the insurance company is going to take my opinion and run with it. They really don't care what I think. It still would have been nice to have received my own medical information regardless if I understand it or not. Bad Boy told me I should be able to get it. Oh well- live and learn....

Broken Wing, if you don't start the process right from the start, yes it can be that way. I had my doctor's always state to supply me with a copy of the results, for facts are needed to other doctors and the attorney. Even X-rays, MRI's Cat Scans everything, I always get or got my copies before leaving. Some times you have to come back in a day or two because the films need to be read and a report drawn up, but always get your copies for now on.

Yes, they will have you wait till the doctor visit. But, you will get a copy now one way or the other.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Broken Wing, if you don't start the process right from the start, yes it can be that way. I had my doctor's always state to supply me with a copy of the results, for facts are needed to other doctors and the attorney. Even X-rays, MRI's Cat Scans everything, I always get or got my copies before leaving. Some times you have to come back in a day or two because the films need to be read and a report drawn up, but always get your copies for now on.

Yes, they will have you wait till the doctor visit. But, you will get a copy now one way or the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bad Boy, I normally do get copies of everything but I think the reason it didn't even cross my mind to ask was that I was in so much pain after doing so many different painful activities I just wanted out of there so I could take my pain medication and just lay down at home.
I want to thank you for all the helpful comments you and everyone else have made.

No need to thank me.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Broken Wing, it is not uncommom for an injured worker to want the results NOW. I think now is the time for you to be patient. Let time take its course. Once you see your treating dr.. You will get the results. Then you take it from there.

I suggest that everyone get copies of thier medical records every six months. That way they can see whats in there. Doing that has come in handy several times for me.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system.