Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security Emengency Fund?
I have a friend in MI. That was called by SS and offered a one time payment without her lawyer involvement. Her case(SSDI) is still pending along with her WC case. Has anyone heard of this?
If she did this, would her lawyer be entitled to a portion?

Thanks
My old sig. evolution3

I never heard them call and ask to give a emergency fund on a pending case before.

This sounds like someone is offering them a loan on their case though. Or it is the State offering an emergency fund.

I think they need to get the contact numbers of these people and see who they really are.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I never heard them call and ask to give a emergency fund on a pending case before.

This sounds like someone is offering them a loan on their case though. Or it is the State offering an emergency fund.

I think they need to get the contact numbers of these people and see who they really are.

Thanks for the reply.

From what I can gather. She was called by SSA. She had talked to this person before. The form is SSA 3881((4-2005) yr form intro'd?)

What bothers me about it is that she has an attoney and I thought all correspondence was to go through an attorney once they are involved?

The letter head seemed legit. Disability Determination Service for SS Claim.
My old sig. evolution3

I came across stuff like that while I was researching the "Ticket to Work" program. I did not look into it further because the amount was less than what my schooling cost and something was not feeling right, about it.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

it depends on what the lawyer is representing her on.
if they were retained for social security issues then yes. they'd be due a fee at least for service rendered to date.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Is this the form;

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/vendor/3881_102.pdf

I suggest they contact their Attorney, as this sounds way off from what I remember. SSA3881 forms are for vendors, and childern.

See for yourself;

http://search.ssa.gov/search?q=form+3881...xyreload=1
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Is this the form;

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/vendor/3881_102.pdf

I suggest they contact their Attorney, as this sounds way off from what I remember. SSA3881 forms are for vendors, and childern.

See for yourself;

http://search.ssa.gov/search?q=form+3881...xyreload=1

The 3881 link doesn't work for me. I did tell her to contact her lawyer.

I don't know about her lawyer. Work comp stopped her weekly benefit then reinstated it and the lawyer took a cut. The IC sent the check to the Lawyer and she took a % and sent the rest to my friend. The agreement was with a settlement %.
My old sig. evolution3

Well, the attorney had to fight for their money, when that happens, the attorney gets a piece of it. This is normal. But, it is between the person and their attorney, the person here has a attorney contract, it is all stated in the contract.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  aggregate trust fund blake 24 30,730 11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Receiving sec 32 from NYS Insurance Fund Jeffsande01 2 3,156 10-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Jeffsande01
  MSA fund Willis 19 9,232 02-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: just so
Sad Second Injury fund judge's ruling samepage 3 2,514 11-11-2015, 04:14 PM
  Social Security bagpussinamerica 2 3,466 01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Workers Compensation and Social Security pas2355 1 5,531 11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
  Social Security and Worker's Comp pas2355 2 5,442 10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Social Security/Disability NY state sonny1 5 9,741 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Last Post: freebird
  Social Security Administration, Are re-evals happening more often? Bummer Knees 0 3,390 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  multi injury trust fund in oklahoma jhokern 2 8,516 03-16-2011, 12:59 AM