Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suspended benefits?
Question 
PA work comp my husband medical care was being paid for by work comp until approx 2 1/2 years ago due to his doctor who was treating him stated to the insurance carrier that the same back problem she has treated him for the last 5 years was no longer work related issue but ddd & djd only we never received any paper work from the insurance carrier just medical and prescription bills started to show up unpaid Tried to contact adjuster told it was under a review we have an attorney found out benefits are in suspended?? Can the insurance carrier be held accountable for never sending us any information about this suspension of benefits?? How long can a collection agency in PA go after you for unpaid medical bills ??

Since you have an attorney, you need to be asking the attorney, what is it they are going to do about the work comp claim, instead of sitting on it.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

mow2114 Wrote:PA work comp my husband medical care was being paid for by work comp until approx 2 1/2 years ago due to his doctor who was treating him stated to the insurance carrier that the same back problem she has treated him for the last 5 years was no longer work related issue but ddd & djd only we never received any paper work from the insurance carrier just medical and prescription bills started to show up unpaid Tried to contact adjuster told it was under a review we have an attorney found out benefits are in suspended?? Can the insurance carrier be held accountable for never sending us any information about this suspension of benefits?? How long can a collection agency in PA go after you for unpaid medical bills ??

Rolleyes 
attorney told us need to have a new doctor who will say claim was then and is now work related where i live doctors run when you say attorney and due to my husbands medications it took till now to get a new pain management doctor will see her next month

. Why tell your doctor any about an attorney, they don't need that information. You ask the doctor is this injury, was then and is now work related. Nothing more. Your supplying them too much information
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have your benefits been stripped/suspended? Mrgo26 2 2,479 12-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Last Post: Mrgo26