Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonest AME report - Steps?
My roomate's year old AME report stated that he needed back surgery, not to lift more than 25 pounds, and that he needed counceling visits etc. The insurance company for the last year has been denying his surgery and this finally lead to a court date to resolve the issue.

Once he got to court he finds out that just a couple weeks before his court date the 2 AME's filed new reports. These 2 reports were never sent to him or his lawyer and there has never been any follow up appointments to re-assess his physical health. Even though my Grandfather, a retired / renouned surgeon, ex doctore of UT University and the Utah Jazz, says he's doing permanant damage to his back and nerves by having the surgery postponed.

How can these drastically revised reports hold up in court (not to mention the judge he got was an ex defense attourney for medical insurance companies). He was basically told by the judge that his case was weak. Of course his case was weak... The reports were basically lies told by the AME's.

Never sent to his legal representative, or him, and just weeks before the case. That's about as shady and ****edited by admin***** up as it gets.

What can he do to contest the report, and are there any possible investigations / motions he can take against the AME's? What would you guys recommend doing?

the rules of evidence control what can be admitted and what can't. each state has their own. that's why we ask each poster to include their state.

I assume yours is utah. you'll should discuss the evidencary rules with an Utah atty or someone from the Utah work comp board as to how they would apply in your roommate's case.
there is not a special set of rules for doctors or those affiliated with professional sports teams.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:the rules of evidence control what can be admitted and what can't. each state has their own. that's why we ask each poster to include their state.

I assume yours is utah. you'll should discuss the evidencary rules with an Utah atty or someone from the Utah work comp board as to how they would apply in your fathers case.
there is not a special set of rules for doctors or those affiliated with professional sports tieams.

Gotcha, it's in CA

fuc@#$ is not a word we use on this forum...and actually the administrator frowns upon it and it wouldnt suprise me if you hear from him or kate about it..we try to keep this site as family oreinted as possibleBig Grin
SETTLED!!!

We do ?
LOL !

inpainokla Wrote:fuc@#$ is not a word we use on this forum...and actually the administrator frowns upon it and it wouldnt suprise me if you hear from him or kate about it..we try to keep this site as family oreinted as possibleBig Grin

Cycler Wrote:We do ?
LOL !

inpainokla Wrote:fuc@#$ is not a word we use on this forum...and actually the administrator frowns upon it and it wouldnt suprise me if you hear from him or kate about it..we try to keep this site as family oreinted as possibleBig Grin

Lol Tongue 2 years of watching my friend get jerked around (cuz his case is probably worth $100k + at the end of the day)... It's an understandable slip.

Who say's his injury is worth a $100,000.00? Why would anyone think that? From what you wrote so far, $22,000.00 to $32,000.00 if their lucky at this point.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

illumineart Wrote:
Cycler Wrote:We do ?
LOL !

Lol Tongue 2 years of watching my friend get jerked around (cuz his case is probably worth $100k + at the end of the day)... It's an understandable slip.

Regardless, InPain is right. Please watch the language you post here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 6,221 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  I need help for the next steps!! slipperydisc 28 12,385 06-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: slipperydisc
  Surgery Claim Denied. Next Steps? Clchew 1 4,498 07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Last Post: 1171
  DISHONEST EMPLOYER, DENIED CLAIM marcoleman 9 11,652 10-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Last Post: marcoleman
  What are the steps to becomming MMI ifyour Dr. doesn't explain things to ya? Sunshine7 23 16,818 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Steps To Settlement Netta 2 2,920 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Netta