Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about fce
what happens after the fce testing,and what all do they test for?do they have all of a persons medical information? Or only that that applies to the injury.also how does all this work out if a person is getting disabilty benefits from ssa? This is in louisiana by the way. Would like any info or anyones input on experiences with this.

FCE, Functional Capacity Exam. As far as what happens goes. That depends on your injury. The purpose of the FCE is to see what you can or can not do since the injury. There is not a cconnection between WC and SSA. The FCE is for WC.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

thanks for the reply,mine is a back injury had surgery laminectomy/disectomy on L4-5 to repair the disk and decompress the nerve.But it did not help, it actually made it worse,I am being told the doc would not recommend surgery(fusion) due to other medical issues i have,so he is referring me to pain management.they say steroids to calm the nerve pain but i have a sensitivty to steroids,had a bad reaction to neurotin.dont know what else they'll do

Trying to recall my FCE. Lets see. I had to try and dead lift, push a sled with weights on it, twist the back from right to left, work my hands over head, at chest level and while kneeling as well as other activities. The FCE was broken into two parts. part of it was computer rated and the other part was attendant monitored.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

are you disabled AQA?

did the fce go in your favor if you dont mind me asking or agaisnst you?

Yes,

It was never an issue if the FCE was in my favor or not.