Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I turn this around and get treatment?
Hi All,

Last week received notice that my wc doc actually wanted to see me after reading the report of my latest MRI films. So, my lawyer called respondent and he actually agreed to let me see my WC doc. I reminded my lawyer that I can't make the appointment, respondent has to. So, he called, we waited, fast forward to today. Remember, this is the WC doc who WANTED to see me. This is the notice we received today, verbatim:

"My adjuster talked to Dr. *&^%. He said he does not need to see Ms.--- again and won't put her on the schedule. He says that the only reason for him to see her is he was going to put her on the surgical schedule. Since he doesn't think she is a surgical candidate, he doesn't need to see her. He told my adjuster that he will explain this at his depo that we have scheduled. So at this point we won't be sending clmt back to Dr. *&^% b/c he doesn't think he needs to see her."

Okay tomorrow I'm hand carrying my MRI film to this idiot doctor. How do I turn this around so I get some sort of treatment? Waiting on a judges decision that won't come in until the end of August at the earliest.
In the meantime I can barely walk anymore. For distance I need crutches, it's the only way I can tolerate the pain.

You just might hear on the news tomorrow that this blonde skinny lady beat the crap out of her WC doc with her cane!!! Perhaps that way I can get treatment while in prison.

BB
P.S. I ended up crying for nearly 30 minutes in my husband's arms this am over this letter. Just a bit more than I can take.

Are you saying that YOU think you DO have a surgical condition ?

Four other doctors say uni-compartmental knee replacement, this doc has a problem doing knee replacements in anyone under age 65.

I see, and I would seek out a good ORTHO that does knees, and get better advise, even if you have to pay for the visit, and then get a copy of that report, and send a copy to your attorney.

Why do a Partial knee replacement when you could have the whole thing done and be done with it though.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Body Builder

Have you talked to your/our attorney and what does he say about this?

He's not saying much, three months ago he didn't want me to give a copy of the MRI CD to the doctor, said that the report would be good enough. Now he's telling me to get a copy of that CD to him ASAP.

Don't know how this will turn out, this is the 2nd time this doctor has changed his mind on me.

Respondent only has 6 days to get the depo done and my/our lawyer hasn't been told of the date or the time. I guess they could ask for an extension, it's been done before by respondent. I' surprised that they haven't sent me for an IME to counter the doctor my/our lawyer sent me to in February.

I guess I take out a mortgage on my home and pay for a knee replacement on my own. My husband is talking about doing that again, that scares me considering the aircraft industry right now and that our home is totally paid for.

BB

bodybuilder1958 Wrote:Four other doctors say uni-compartmental knee replacement, this doc has a problem doing knee replacements in anyone under age 65.
This is an interesting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG58o5j4OzI The side bar is, also. I learned something. Smile

The lateral side of my knee is fine, medial is shot, why replace good bone and tendon just for the sake of doing a surgery. True once the uni-compartmental need re-done they do a total knee. But that's still better than having a total knee done from the get-go.

My total knee replacement cost $59,000.00 with rehab, (2 yrs ago)

That is the figure the respondant's attorney is using.

bodybuilder1958 Wrote:The lateral side of my knee is fine, medial is shot, why replace good bone and tendon just for the sake of doing a surgery. True once the uni-compartmental need re-done they do a total knee. But that's still better than having a total knee done from the get-go.

My intention was to show the pros and cons of each procedure (Total vs. Partial...and vice versa). Nothing more, nothing less. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flash from the past II, Turn the speakers on AQA 2 2,976 05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Anyone have a ten and a five?????? Turn the speakers on AQA 0 1,715 05-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Flash from the past. How to handle telemarkers?? Turn your speakers on AQA 0 2,168 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Last Post: AQA
  TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jayne 2 2,203 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  For today....turn bodybuilder1958 0 1,774 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Turn off those lights Tuffy 1 2,336 03-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jayne
  My turn for another game as promised monster 115 29,618 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  turn up the speakers & read poem Lilly 6 3,854 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Last Post: MJC
  Turn your sound up!  I'm all cracked up! Wink 7 5,247 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM