Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent Restrictions in Washington, D.C.
This past Thursday my WC doctor put me on permanent restrictions. He said that I could only work three days per week and filled out the form for handicap tags. My new administrator decided that he wasn't going for it and told me that either I work the five days per week I was hired for or to go home. Even though I do not understand why he wouldn't want me to work at least three days per week and get WC the other two, he rather me sit at home doing nothing. I am still covered under FMLA. Since I am not voluntarily reducing my income, does this mean that WC has to pay me now for five days per week?

Three docs that WC sent me to agreed that I have chronic sacroiliac dysfuntion, contusions and disc buldging at L4-5, L5-S1 and said I should be on a modified work schedule. My attorney said that since I am at the top of the pay scale for WC it's a win/win situation until I am rated.

as long as your not at mmi or P&S and are still recovering from your injury and they will not let you work light duty then it sounds like they still have to pay your ttd benifits...your not at mmi or permanent & stationary are you??...bc if so it would change everything
SETTLED!!!

inpainokla Wrote:as long as your not at mmi or P&S and are still recovering from your injury and they will not let you work light duty then it sounds like they still have to pay your ttd benifits...your not at mmi or permanent & stationary are you??...bc if so it would change everything

Yes, when I was given the permanent restrictions, the doctor wrote that I was at MMI and discharged from his care. This was my WC doc.

Modified work, being injured at work, is also a protection Act that the ADA can help you with.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

since your restrictions are permanent and you are at MMI TTD will stop.
you will be rated and impairment benefits paid
more here
http://www.does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view.asp...2&Q=537428
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:since your restrictions are permanent and you are at MMI TTD will stop.
you will be rated and impairment benefits paid
more here
http://www.does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view.asp...2&Q=537428

Thanks! What a system. My WC payments will stop immediately or once I get a rating? I thought that since the hospital is voluntarily decreasing my income by not allowing me to work, WC would continue to pay me until I get a rating. Yes? No? Maybe?
Shy

they should stop when the restrictions are permanent.
that could change if you are eligible for vocational rehabilitation.
the employer is not required to create or make a job for you.
under ADA they are required to discuss alternative work.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:they should stop when the restrictions are permanent.
that could change if you are eligible for vocational rehabilitation.
the employer is not required to create or make a job for you.
under ADA they are required to discuss alternative work.

Thank you so much. I'll see what happens tomorrow, and the saga continues......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What to expect in Washington Coco 2 832 06-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Coco
  Washington state L and I pension Silverfox 0 1,487 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Silverfox
  Strangled At Work Washington dmotley5706 2 1,888 01-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Last Post: shefallsdown
  permanent restrictions cha926 1 4,534 10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Washington L&I (or hell in disguise) Lizzy 15 15,946 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Permanent restrictions: Attorney Says I Have to Prove I Can't Find Work and No Pay HadEnuffAlready 8 30,686 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dtails
  How do I lift my permanent restrictions? brentmarcy 11 24,772 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  AME permanent and stationary report and work restrictions jenlesmill 3 15,160 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  permanent restrictions bronco54501 6 18,241 04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  permanent restrictions causing demotion katson 5 8,021 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM