Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
settled!!
inpainokla Wrote:i am setled one month after mmi...my lawyer says it's a very fair settlement its 35% whole body which equates to 59.850 bucks and there offering 5 thousand to resign from my job and 3000 for future meds..he says it seems fair i think it seems fair its alot more than i expected and i need the money now so im goin to go before the judge tomm and accept it..what do u guys think?

I don't know you because I'm new here but I'm very happy for you

I am happy for you as well, I have hardware issues and cant be removed. I am on so many meds from my wc injury, and will be on most the rest of my life. The meds cost wc about $1,400 a month and thier only hope is i will die and if because of complications from my injury my wife will get a settlement for around 230,000.. I am only 40 and even if i lived to be 60, well do the math 330,00 just in a msa. That dont include the new hip I will need and any other problems that arives. Now then they have to pay me for what ever raiting I will be given. So I can figure they wont offer enough in any settlement that i will never accept....... Money is not an option in my book...

bronco54501 Wrote:I am happy for you as well, I have hardware issues and cant be removed. I am on so many meds from my wc injury, and will be on most the rest of my life. The meds cost wc about $1,400 a month and thier only hope is i will die and if because of complications from my injury my wife will get a settlement for around 230,000.. I am only 40 and even if i lived to be 60, well do the math 330,00 just in a msa. That dont include the new hip I will need and any other problems that arives. Now then they have to pay me for what ever raiting I will be given. So I can figure they wont offer enough in any settlement that i will never accept....... Money is not an option in my book...

ty bronco..i agree with the fact you will need lifetime medical bc all the issues you have with hardware and pain and all..im thinking that alot of my pain is caused by the weight ive gained since on wc i went from 230 to nearly 280 as of right now(thank god im 6'3 lol)and ive done alot of reading about how that can cause you alot of pain as well so im hoping once i get back into shape and take this wait off i will be near where i used to be..so hopefully future medical will not be an issue for me both of my dr's dont bl it will be primary and pm..and plust i still have my painmanagement they did allow me to keep that..but only time will tell i guess
SETTLED!!!

You settling without A MSA is my biggest concern BUT I am assuming you do not need future medical care. You are in Louisiana right?
I will not settled just to "get them out of my hair". It has been 7 years and I am waiting in the IC which cannot be forced to settle.
Good Luck.

inpainokla Wrote:
bronco54501 Wrote:I am happy for you as well, I have hardware issues and cant be removed. I am on so many meds from my wc injury, and will be on most the rest of my life. The meds cost wc about $1,400 a month and thier only hope is i will die and if because of complications from my injury my wife will get a settlement for around 230,000.. I am only 40 and even if i lived to be 60, well do the math 330,00 just in a msa. That dont include the new hip I will need and any other problems that arives. Now then they have to pay me for what ever raiting I will be given. So I can figure they wont offer enough in any settlement that i will never accept....... Money is not an option in my book...

ty bronco..i agree with the fact you will need lifetime medical bc all the issues you have with hardware and pain and all..im thinking that alot of my pain is caused by the weight ive gained since on wc i went from 230 to nearly 280 as of right now(thank god im 6'3 lol)and ive done alot of reading about how that can cause you alot of pain as well so im hoping once i get back into shape and take this wait off i will be near where i used to be..so hopefully future medical will not be an issue for me both of my dr's dont bl it will be primary and pm..and plust i still have my painmanagement they did allow me to keep that..but only time will tell i guess

For your weight loss, I would suggest Weight watchers online. I have lost approx 54 lbs since early March by doing this program of point counting and exercising as much as possible.
You have to help yourself and never say I can;t do it!

inpainokla Wrote:i am setled one month after mmi...my lawyer says it's a very fair settlement its 35% whole body which equates to 59.850 bucks and there offering 5 thousand to resign from my job and 3000 for future meds..he says it seems fair i think it seems fair its alot more than i expected and i need the money now so im goin to go before the judge tomm and accept it..what do u guys think?

Congrats! I am happy for you Smile

freebird Wrote:You settling without A MSA is my biggest concern BUT I am assuming you do not need future medical care. You are in Louisiana right?
I will not settled just to "get them out of my hair". It has been 7 years and I am waiting in the IC which cannot be forced to settle.
Good Luck.

no freebird im in oklahoma
SETTLED!!!

Yes, as long as this makes you happy, it is the right decision. Your own health declines while you are held captive in WC. IMHO!

I'm happy for you!!! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

chrischris Wrote:Yes, as long as this makes you happy, it is the right decision. Your own health declines while you are held captive in WC. IMHO!

I'm happy for you!!! Tongue

thank you chrischris all of your guys and gals support and oppinions makes everything a little easierBig Grin
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  17 years and still not settled tombstonekid 13 11,426 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  Case Settled rebel_1961 17 16,157 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Last Post: rebel_1961
  Settled capricorn 16 11,092 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  ITs Done, all settled!! annoyedtodeath 32 16,105 12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Last Post: katicabogar
  No Hearing Settled all done now!! borninabarn 17 9,843 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM