Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have a question
my children are all raised to wear modest clothing...we have taught them while there is no excuse for rape there is no reason to put yourself in harms way by were you are or how you dress......My honey picked up our grands this weekend and while the boy is a true joy altho a bit hyper(as his Daddy says think spider monkey on crack) yes it fits.....My granddaughter likes to dress in a way that is to to.......yes I know its the norm now to dress like your for sale cheap but I dont like it and its about to drive Honey over the edge.....would it be to mean to toss what she has and make her something much more to my liking?I mean this stuff is several sizes 2 small anyhow and the war paint(makeup) eewwwwwwwwww we had a lesson on face washing yesterday...she is 13 for goodness sake shouldnt she still think boys have cooties he bathing suit left nothing to the imagination and several times had to be told cover your nipples and finally a t shirt was given which ticked her off.......anyone want a 14 year old?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I have two teenage girls in my home,

The oldest is 19 and dresses in a way I do not approve.

I control what my niece wears, she can wear tank tops at home but when we leave the house the rule is she must cover up.

No V cut or low cut tops. T-shirts are okay.

Jayne if the clothing is to small anyway what would it hurt to start replacing it with what you approve of.

Transition is tough for a teen, and she will rebel, but she will come around.

Jayne I can think of only one solution.........Move north....
They would be to cold and would dress all body parts covered.. It truley is a change in times, when summer is here it is like that here.. You can read the newspapers here in the summer and in the winter and what you will find is, sexual assults/rape charges tripple in the summer... And though I am for dressing the way you want (within reason) and though I'm against rapest (should have thier junk cut off) if you dress like a hooker your going to get attention....period..
I have always been the one to get a slap from the wife for looking and thats all the further it goes. But thier is some wacked out people who just cant resist that look and take it to the next level... The real problem is the newer generations (girls) look older then when I was in school..

It is my belief and is my mothers way if the grand kids come over it is her rules.. Good luck

I agree Jayne, Kids are dressing like they're going to a Club. and they are only 14-15 years old. I have never permitted that in my house along with nothing written on the butts of the sweatpants.
Parents need to step up and control their children
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

jayne... I also agree.. but know from having 3 teenagers at once that it is not an easy shore to change their ideas about how they should dress. Brandi came home one day with her long hair striped with purple and green... and her color of hair was no where to be found. What an ordeal that was. Brandi was my rebel whereas the other two I know now were also rebels, they just hide it good from their father and I. Brandi just did it and didn't care if we saw it or not.. they their would be a day where she would have to get it all washed out or whatever else she did. I agree with tpm... parents need to step up and control their children through alot of education, love, and role modeling. Talk to her about how she dresses and its possible ramifications on her reputation and talk to her about your morals and beliefs and just let her know that she will have to find a new way to dress while she is at your house. Hopefully she will respond positively to what you say to her. AS long as she knows she is loved it shoudl turn out ok... I wouldn't take her as far immediately as you believe such as wearing dressing all the time, or wearing head gear because she won't go for that ... but just change one part of her dressing style at a time... just as if she is wearing things to low and too short.. change that first. What I do for my tops that are too low, I buy a camisole at walmart (they are very cheap) and wear under my shirt. This might work for her...good luck with whatever you decide to do. love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

she is a strange duck and is after me to sew her a new wardrobe so she can fit in with the other girls peer pressure can be a deal breaker but since we dont let the children run the streets all they have is the church kids and they want to fit in.... I had her here last year so she knew right off her clothes were a big nono as far as the head covering thats a ways off

I still say parents have the greatest opportunity to be the biggest influence on their children. Kids will find role models in others if not in their parents. Grandparents can only do so much without alienating their kids and grands.

My adult children now kid me about not allowing them to watch certain TV programs when they were young. The biggest laugh they now get is over not allowing them to watch "The Simpsons". I thought that was the most "parent disrespectful" program ever! And look at TV now??????

Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

chrischris Wrote:I still say parents have the greatest opportunity to be the biggest influence on their children. Kids will find role models in others if not in their parents. Grandparents can only do so much without alienating their kids and grands.

My adult children now kid me about not allowing them to watch certain TV programs when they were young. The biggest laugh they now get is over not allowing them to watch "The Simpsons". I thought that was the most "parent disrespectful" program ever! And look at TV now??????

Tongue

Well said chris
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

(06-15-2010, 10:43 AM)jayne Wrote: my children are all raised to wear modest clothing...we have taught them while there is no excuse for rape there is no reason to put yourself in harms way by were you are or how you dress......My honey picked up our grands this weekend and while the boy is a true joy altho a bit hyper(as his Daddy says think spider monkey on crack) yes it fits.....My granddaughter likes to dress in a way that is to to.......yes I know its the norm now to dress like your for sale cheap but I dont like it and its about to drive Honey over the edge.....would it be to mean to toss what she has and make her something much more to my liking?I mean this stuff is several sizes 2 small anyhow and the war paint(makeup) eewwwwwwwwww we had a lesson on face washing yesterday...she is 13 for goodness sake shouldnt she still think boys have cooties he bathing suit left nothing to the imagination and several times had to be told cover your nipples and finally a t shirt was given which ticked her off.......anyone want a 14 year old?

Not to frighten you but my daughter started doing the same thing around age 14, no matter what I said she would do the oppsite, wearing her friends clothes, using their makeup after she got to school, I pulled the reins in tight and she rebelled, she became pregnant at 16, don't get me wrong I adore my granddaughter, but that was not the road I had layed for my daughter, I did all I could to put her back on the right path so she could make something of herself, much to my dismay, she gave birth AGAIN 11 months after the first baby was born....so she is now 18 living with her scummy boyfriend, and has 2 babies......parenting is TOUGH!!

I know its tough I have 8 of them but it sure doesnt help for the schools to be having dances for them in the 4th grade.....and encourageing male female hookups so early.....this thread is nearly a year old you will be happy to know my grand daughter is in modest dress wearing a veiling at least on sunday....I have no doubt when she goes back with her Dad she will go back to wearing the ickie clothing if he allows it...but that will be on him....here she was homeschooled really very happy to be a child again