Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpal Tunnel Comp Case turning into Social security?
Hi

Just wondering if anybody has any experience using Carpal tunnel as the primary reason for their Social Security disability. Here's a brief synopsis of my case:

1- Opened comp case 2 yrs ago, didnt miss too much work, a couple weeks here and there, to rest my wrists, was always afraid of EMG test of surgery, simple as that.
2- two years later lawyer suggested loss of use eval by doctor, i did it this spring and got a settlement for 15 percent loss of use

3- shortly thereafter my work load increased and my pain increased and im out again.

I've got some other health issues, that maybe would help for social security but the strongest at the moment i belive is my well documented carpal tunnel. I've read mixed reviews on the internet about whether Social security considers it a permanent disability.

Anybody attempted this here?

SS has an 80% earnings threshold (includes comp payments).
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10018.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171, i dont und ur answer and link, but my question is if anybody has had success going from workman's comp to Social Security with Carpal tunnel as the primary disability.

i live in ny

i believe the decision is based on the medical evidence supporting the disability.
like other conditions if you will be disabled for a year or more then you can apply for ssdi with the work comp offset.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:i believe the decision is based on the medical evidence supporting the disability.
like other conditions if you will be disabled for a year or more then you can apply for ssdi with the work comp offset.

One question about the concept of offset. I had a scheduled loss of use, in spring of this year, and got a payoff, for my bilateral carpal tunnel. Does the lump sum payoff from comp i got come into play even if im not getting weekly payments from comp?

to all concerned, I restate my initial question too about anybody who's tried or been denied SSI because of Carpal tunnel.
thanks all

SSDI puts many things into play....is there another job out there you can do?age,education ect...most SSDI is a combination of injuries at least for me it was...all you can do is go down and talk to a worker or go online and apply and see if you are young it could be a long haul most are turned down at least 2 times before getting it
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability? PanthersRowell 45 40,008 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  King Vs Comp Partners Ca case Shadow 1 882 08-24-2018, 11:15 AM
  Can SSDI approval help with Comp case? footballfan 24 6,303 07-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: goingback
  Reopening old workmans comp case ravenzdad3 1 2,755 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM
  workers comp case in California, very difficult OUCH! 8 12,105 02-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Miller
  Does my workers comp case close if I'm fired with cause? Kaii23 7 5,970 09-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Workers Comp Case Virginia Need Advice jamesjones11 1 2,089 08-19-2017, 11:49 AM
  Michigan Comp Case MyBackHurtsBad 3 3,328 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MyBackHurtsBad
  Workers Comp Case Denied M1954 1 3,189 09-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  workers comp case denied Wolverine72 9 8,083 09-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Wolverine72