Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney or immediate attention?
Hi everybody! Can't sleep, painful and restless, so this has been on my mind for a few days. I have the bulging disks in lower lumber and the pain in back, and numbness in legs have been getting worse. I've been reading up a lot on this and mostly it will say if numbness occurs I should consider this a turning point and I should get immediate attention. My Primary Dr. had referred me to a Neurosurgeon. I discussed this with my Attorney and he said I should cancel with my Neurosurgeon, that I should only go to Dr.s he recommends. So after 3 weeks I finally get an Appt. with his Orthopedic Surgeon. I feel now that I am on the slow track to finding out what is wrong with me, and that time probably is if the essence. My next appt. with him is 3 more weeks away: Should I follow my Attorney's time table and risk permanent numbness in my leg or go to my Primary's- referred Neurosurgeon, which seems to be a more advance step. I understand that there is a process my Attorney is pursuing, but I'm getting real scared. Thanks

call your attonery and let them know whats going on..you have to trust your attonery if you dont you need one you do trust.....as far as the numbness if it is a 24 hour thing I say you should be in a hurry to check it out......I have hours and sometimes a few min of numbness enough to make me wary when I go to stand or makes me feel like every step is walking on a raw nerve this has been going on for years....I do not want back surgery till I have no choice...I did the cervical fuse and within a year another had domanoed so its a crap shoot...I refuse to do the same to my back....others have done just fine......its your body you know it best
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You should read the various commentaries on the SPORT study and avoid any talk of surgery. The outcomes for surgery for lumbar radiculopathy are no better than non-surgery two years out and that is NOT because the non-operated got better but that the initial gains for the operated patients eventually deteriorated. On the other hand a good number of the non-operated patients eventually did heal.

Look up the SPORT study, dense in itself but many opinions have been written about the data set that will pertain to you.

praders1 Wrote:Hi everybody! Can't sleep, painful and restless, so this has been on my mind for a few days. I have the bulging disks in lower lumber and the pain in back, and numbness in legs have been getting worse. I've been reading up a lot on this and mostly it will say if numbness occurs I should consider this a turning point and I should get immediate attention. My Primary Dr. had referred me to a Neurosurgeon. I discussed this with my Attorney and he said I should cancel with my Neurosurgeon, that I should only go to Dr.s he recommends. So after 3 weeks I finally get an Appt. with his Orthopedic Surgeon. I feel now that I am on the slow track to finding out what is wrong with me, and that time probably is if the essence. My next appt. with him is 3 more weeks away: Should I follow my Attorney's time table and risk permanent numbness in my leg or go to my Primary's- referred Neurosurgeon, which seems to be a more advance step. I understand that there is a process my Attorney is pursuing, but I'm getting real scared. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting paid while seeking medical attention? youavaj 5 2,525 01-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Last Post: 1171
  question about medical attention mistysmith94 5 3,943 10-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 16,960 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 12,316 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo