Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maximum medical improvement with a 6% disability.
Give me a little time and I'll explain some of the Florida law regarding MMI etc. I'm in the middle of something but I'll get back to you.

butterfly300 Wrote:Hi, My adjuster just emailed me that I have a 6 % disability rating & at MMI. this sounds so low for my injury & I have not had surgery yet! How can they MMI me? and isnt 6 % a terrible % rating for neck injury & have not worked in 2 yrs & cant work. doctor had not released me.
Please help.

Thank you, Sandy[/size][/font]

By law they must MMI you after 104 weeks as I explained previously. http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...421&page=3

A 6% is not really that low for a neck injury. The percentage is for whole body impairment. FL does not use the AMA guides. They have their own rating system so you can’t compare what someone else in another state got. However, the resulting benefits, Impairment Income Benefits (Permanent Partial in most states) are very low.

A 6% rating entitles you to 12 weeks of benefits at 75% of your TTD rate if you are not working. For example, if your TTD rate is $500 per week, you would get $375 per week for 12 weeks ($4500 total)

I would at least consult with an attorney before making any decisions to settle.

kate Wrote:
butterfly300 Wrote:Hi, My adjuster just emailed me that I have a 6 % disability rating & at MMI. this sounds so low for my injury & I have not had surgery yet! How can they MMI me? and isnt 6 % a terrible % rating for neck injury & have not worked in 2 yrs & cant work. doctor had not released me.
Please help.

Thank you, Sandy[/size][/font]

By law they must MMI you after 104 weeks as I explained previously. http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...421&page=3

A 6% is not really that low for a neck injury. The percentage is for whole body impairment. FL does not use the AMA guides. They have their own rating system so you can’t compare what someone else in another state got. However, the resulting benefits, Impairment Income Benefits (Permanent Partial in most states) are very low.

A 6% rating entitles you to 12 weeks of benefits at 75% of your TTD rate if you are not working. For example, if your TTD rate is $500 per week, you would get $375 per week for 12 weeks ($4500 total)

I would at least consult with an attorney before making any decisions to settle.

YOU REALLY NEED A BOARD CERTIFIED WC ATTORNEY!!!!!!!

Sounds like you need surgery to correct this problem and your pain.

Let me tell you a short story;

If this pain ever gets like mine was, you will never ever sleep, no medication will even take the edge off ever. Instead of sleep, you will just pass out for maybe 15 minutes and your back up till you pass out again from lack of sleep.

I say, just keep that in mind, as I've been there.

I would have never waited 2 long painful years for this surgery. Never, for if you even slip, you can be a 1,000 times worse.

Get the surgery. Try talking to the Insurance about the doctor you trust. Sometimes the Insurance, just might say fine.

Without the surgery any settlement is going to be low.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximum Medical Improvement lovemygirls02 9 2,688 08-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Turtle23
  wc disability/social security disability coach 5 16,180 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly