Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maximum medical improvement with a 6% disability.
Sad 
Hi, My adjuster just emailed me that I have a 6 % disability rating & at MMI. this sounds so low for my injury & I have not had surgery yet! How can they MMI me? and isnt 6 % a terrible % rating for neck injury & have not worked in 2 yrs & cant work. doctor had not released me.
Please help.

Thank you, Sandy[/size][/font]

now are you ready to get that Lawyer?One thing we know is you gotta play their game by their rules and that means a lawyer to make sure they dont change the rules mid game......girlie you got screwed
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

i would appreciate if someone could tell me what this means besides I got screwed. Im a wreak as it is & writing this in tears. & dont know what to do next a adjuster wants to come to my home to talk settlement tomorrow (settling my medical) & I dont know how this rating effects settling them now. Im not sure where else to turn or how the rating works. please any help is appreciated. They still have to take care of me medically I do know that. Almost everyone said well ur getting your checks, medical care they r not denying u thats what the attorney does. discussed settling my medical & I just find out today they rated me. dont know how they can do that or how ratings work. 6% sounds low. what is the scale 1-100 % ?

Thank you, Sandy

by the way I did speak with a attorney & the plan was to see what they offered me for my medical settlement & if they low balled me he would pick up the case. the rating thing is just something I did not expect since my medical care is not near finished & facing a surgery. can you see where it was not just dumbness on my part but a shock? not sure what to do now.

ratings are strange...I have 3 discs blown in the neck with a cage around 2 of them the 3rd one blew after the surgery to fuse the first two and was offered 3 thousand dollars to walk away...got a good lawyer and he got the judge to send me to a good IME and they found 3 more in the lower back I ended up with a 77% rateing...this is where the lawyer saves your fanny...Medical is strange they will try and give you every story in the book and get you to walk away.....talk to your husbands IC they will tell you the cost and they may have a lien on the medical part of your settlement....at least call a WC lawyer and get a free consult...crying I understand been there...I thank God for my lawyer he got me what I needed

There is nothing that says you have to settle, I used to work with a girl that had 4 different WC injuries and she's never settled, each case is still open.

The insurance company will lie to you. The insurance company will tell you that you'll be taken care of. But the insurance company can't put you at MMI only your doctor can and you're still receiving treatment.

Call or email the adjuster and tell them you're not interested at this time in settling. Hire an attorney, get some strength behind you. Then stop talking to the adjuster, let your attorney deal with them. Get your lawyer to send you for an IME. Fight it, get the care you deserve!!!

We've all cried over our cases, you need someone else on your side fighting for you.
That person is a lawyer, I'm not a lawyer person but I'm glad I have one.

Take care,
BB

Thank you for the replies. The problem has been they sent me to crap ball doctors who I wouldnt let cut my finger nails not to mention my spine. I suggested settling my claim so I could use the $ to the doctors & care I need. ive been in terrible pain for so long its getting to me mentally so the best thing to do for me was to settle. Like I said I didnt expect the rating to take place when Im still under doctors care. that doesnt make sense to me. Do you think a attorney can change this rating now?? Or would he even take it now since ive been rated ? Still means Id b cut on by their quack doctor so Im screwed any way I turn it seems except to settle & get my own doctor. what a mess this is Sad
Thanks everyone at least u do understand my tears because u have been there.

not really I am not sure about Fla (but Kate is an expert in Fla)you dont have to let anyone cut...you should be able to pick your own if you can prove they are not good docs thats where a lawyer comes in..cervical is a in one day out the next or was for me.....the worst for me was the choaking feeling while healing still there somtimes due to to scar tissue problems...are you a red head or scar easily? you must trust your Doc if you dont ask to find one you do trust

jayne Wrote:not really I am not sure about Fla (but Kate is an expert in Fla)you dont have to let anyone cut...you should be able to pick your own if you can prove they are not good docs thats where a lawyer comes in..cervical is a in one day out the next or was for me.....the worst for me was the choaking feeling while healing still there somtimes due to to scar tissue problems...are you a red head or scar easily? you must trust your Doc if you dont ask to find one you do trust
I have 1 I trust but he is not a provider for wc. He is highly respected in FL & pep come from other states to be treated by him. I had a one time change & the 2nd was worse than the 1st. He specializes in stroke & had done 3 artificial disk replacements. The only thing I can think to do is settle to pay the dr I trust.

What is IME ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximum Medical Improvement lovemygirls02 9 2,691 08-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Turtle23
  wc disability/social security disability coach 5 16,180 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly