Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
didn't file cuz boss didn't want me 2.
i rolled my ankle on the job and went 2 the emergency room. my ankle is severely sprained and im flying home (i work out of town) 2 c an orthopedic surgeon. there is possible, if not likely, ligament damage. my boss doesn't want me 2 file a claim 4 obvious reasons. he's been paying all of my bills and giving me my hrly rate b/c im out of town. he has been telling me that he'll pay 4 everything if its going 2 b cheaper not 2 file. and its been vaguely stated that i'll also receive compensation 4 missed work. im ok with that. as long as i feel like im being treated fairly (which, up 2 this point i am). what is the deadline 4 filing a late claim and what ramifications should i excpect when doing so if my "fair" treatment from my boss stops? is there nething i can do or at this point am i screwed if he decides 2 cut me off?? it's been 1 wk since the accident and i c the surgeon in another wk.

my boss owns the company and has been very generous w/ everyone who works 4 him including me. i am not trying 2 get over on him by filing indiscriminately and he has potential hazards 2 his company w/ me filing. however, i am not wanting 2 get screwed over and will file if i have 2. my main question i guess is, is there a time limit on filing and what r the consequences of lying 2 the doctors? also, what is the amount of money that i would b paid while on disability?

I would appreciate any advice or opinions. thank you.

You are playing with fire. Before I go any further. We need to know what state you are in. WC is state specific, so we can not answere your question about the time frame for filing a claim.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

depends on how late.
when you go along with employer fraud expect to have to litigate your claim in order to get benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171, I did not see any fraud at this point. Can you point out what I am missing??? I can see a fraud issue if there was an IC involved, but the author of this post made no mention of that.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

not sure what an IC is. I live in ohio but the state i got hurt in is arkansas. i think i can legitimitly defend my claim in court. my boss even stated that if the price of the injury is higher than the consequences of filing a claim that he will go ahead and file a claim. my foreman made mention of using proper verbage 2 legitimize a late claim. he said there is a "grey" area when it comes 2 being out of state because he can claim that i was not "at" work but since im always on the clock he can claim that it was still relevant 2 workmans comp. he blows alot of smoke up ppls asses so i have no idea what is true at this point.

i appreciate the consideration

AQA:
neither the employer nor the employee gets to chose which claims they will file and which they won't
it's illegal to hide the existence of a comp injury in any state - self-insured or insured.
as well as:
"what r the consequences of lying 2 the doctors?"
pretty obvious to me what's going on.....

you don't have to be "at work" to have an injury caused by your work.
I suspect Ohio benefits are better then Arkansas so if you are going to file
talk to the ombudsman
1-800-335-0996
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171, I did not know that is was illegal to NOT file a claim. Interesting. Thank you.

injuredonthejob, There is a time limit for filing a claim. I believe you can file yourself. Hence you do not have to wait on your boss. What my fear is. 1) staying within the law. As 1171 mentioned. 2) What are you going to to if the time line has passed and your boss all the sudden says that you are FIRED.

yup, that's where employees can claim fraud against the employer.
they rarely do and often cooperate in hiding it.

that's why a lot of fraud statistics are so one-sided against the worker.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

depends if he didnt state it as WC they can really make it hard on him as he commited fraud on his personal IC.... if the boss is paying I am lost you really have to be honest in the WC world or you could get screwed
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

id have to agreee with 1171 if its an injury at work it should be reported as one..as i had made a comment about it being ok to go along with an emplyer paying for everything and not filing a claim on a work related injury in a previous post and i got hammered with comments about it being fraud and i was wrong in thinking that it was ok...and i beleive AQA was one of the first ones to point out to me it would be fraud and the wrong thing to do...it was very similar to this post
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 835 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  should I file Gabriel's Dad 11 2,188 03-26-2019, 12:39 AM
  AZ, boss doesn't want to go through WC for my injury, what should I do? TruckerLynn 4 2,748 08-24-2017, 11:36 PM
  In Ohio, injured 2 weeks ago but didn't see doctor. Can I still be drug tested? avog 1 2,818 12-08-2014, 12:23 PM
  to file (a claim) or not to file BigFish_LittleFish 1 2,946 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
  Not sure if I can file???? Julie 5 6,801 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Julie
  Boss trying to get me to quit. rovertdude 2 7,507 06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Boss won't file WC for hubby and I am afraid to do it... hellokitty 3 5,207 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Hubby injured his back on a job, boss says he will not file a WC claim.. hellokitty 3 5,742 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  I think im being lied to or my boss is trying to screw me over. frenchfri47 3 8,835 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt