Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCS Trial is over with................
CC I have a Medtronics SCS, I have had it for almost 2 yrs now. With the trial I had 2 leads in my back, but with the final implant I have only one lead but with a large paddle on the end of it. At that time Medtronics called the lead they put in as there cadillac version.I am meeting with Medtronics in a week or so to get my twiked. Good luck with your final implant.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Great News CC, now maybe you can enjoy your life without pain. Good Luck with the permenant one....

AQA, the leads were put in my back. Tongue LOL! I guess I should know exactly where they were placed but I don't. I will let you know more details about placement when I get the hospital report. Each lead had it's own controls. I used my head like an antenna.

Cervical, the doctor said the Medtronics people get to choose which of the three devices will be implanted. They had to analyze the data to determine the usage and the settings used during my trial. I had two of their reps at the surgical center and two follow up calls from them. Hope you get yours tweeked just right for you! It's an amazing device!

Thanks everyone else for the support.

AQA and Cervical, I know I will have questions so I hope it's ok to continue this topic as needed.

Oh, and the doc said my device placement will be in my right buttock area. It's my best hiding place as I don't have a lot of body fat in abdominal area. Can I ask where your placements are and how it works out for you? Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

When the doctor removed my leads, he said "ok, I've got the left one out" and he held it up to show me; and then there was silence, and an "oh no!" He then held up the right lead which was cut in half. He said, "I better get the forecepts" and then he started laughing! He was just joking!!!!! Coming from a doctor who hasn't shown me he has a sense of humor, I was quite pleased! We will be starting a long term relationship, afterall! Tongue

CC. I find it interesting that you had two differnt controls. I am interested in your case because of your injury being completely different from mine.

Just to tell the story (again). When I went to my appoinment to have the leads removed after the trial period. When I walked into the office. I had already removed the leads and packaged everything up in the box. The look and the PA face was as priceless as the look on the PM DR face when he walked in. It got even better when I told the dr. " I had an issue with the leads, but my attorney told me not to worry about it. We will handle it latter." I had never seen a dr. face turn as white as his did. Then I started laughing and told him what had happened.

I had a reaction to the adhesive part of the tape that was holding the bandages on. So I had to change the tape daily. Giving the skin some time without the tape. Anyway, The second to the last night. I woke up and one of the leads had come out. So I removed the other lead and the stiches that was holding the wires to me.

As far as were mine is. It is just above my left rear pocket. I chose that side because I carry my wallet in the right rear pocket.

If you have questions. Feel free to ask.

Take care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

CC mine is located in my right just below my belt line and right above the pocket area. Mine has worked fine there for me as i carry my wallet in my front pocket most of the time and when i use a back pocket for it i use my left pocket, so the wallet has never gotten in the way. Dr told me the same Medtronics would choose the right stimulator for me to. I think they have 2 or maybe 3 kinds. Mine should last for about 10 yrs, but since i run it 24-7 they say i will only get about 7 yrs out of it. Oh well wc will have to replace it sooner than they want i guess. But it does help, more some days that orthers.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Thanks guys! That's good info.

AQA, that is so funny. I don't remember you posting that story before, but then again, who reads every post?

I too have had a reaction to the tape. It started itching and irritating my skin from the start. I have a rash across my back because of it. Other than that darn rash, I'm fine! I've just been keeping it cleaned with the pre-surgical soap until it heals up.

WTG Chris I hope for long term relief for you.....another cat you say? Looks like another will be coming here also......darn things feed em and they never leave much like teens I think
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......