Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I told you that the games would start!
Hi...turned in a settlement amount and got a poor counter offer... now work hardening to come shortly.... now WC/IC is jacking with my med refills.....I am out of the one type of med for pain! This is why I hate a 3 month reill plan through the mail and do not trust it. I have been spending my waking time wearing an ice pack...and vicodine when it gets too much to take. I have tried to refill 4 friggin times....and now they say that I need authorization from insurance co...and guess who hasn't returned any calls to my lawyer yet! He is trying to help me....but in the meantime I wait in pain. I finally told him the other day that if they expect me to start work hardening soon (at a real job) ....they better get me my pain meds pronto....so I am capable of lasting a day at work! Just another WC "health-scare" tactic I guess...or my punishment for a settlement amount that was too high for their liking! Anyone had this happen to them? Do I go to ER? Do I go to my treating MD? or bite the bullet & suffer?
I HATE this WC crap with a passion!
Grittin my teeth! Lilly Sad
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly

If the pain gets to much - even during work hardening - guess what - you can tell them that the pain is to much. This will put a stop to the work hardening however I would also make note of why the pain is to much when you tell them the pain is to much .... that the IC is playing with your refills and that you haven't got your refill yet for your pain meds even after contacting them 4 times.

Other than that if the pain gets to bad - contact your attorney and with his approval go to the ER (I would always let the attorney know your plans) or contact your doctor and get in there if possible same day. Make sure you mention to them the same thing that WC is not filling your prescription of pain meds at this time and that you are in a lot of pain. Get it on record that they are playing games with your scripts as well. This won't look good if it goes to court.

Lilly, I offered a settlement to the i/c twice in the first Part of my case and never received a counter offer. Sometimes they "Fish" around to see how a Person Values their case, and you would be surprised at the People that take the Low Ball just to have them go away!! Since they see you are not going to go away cheaply, the are going to try and take you full-circle, and try and get you either back to work, or so Frustrated that you take a Low Figure just to make them go away. All I can say, after being through what you are about to is, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!!! And be very careful not to overwork yourself at Work Hardening! They will push you to your limit, I know, I Herniated the half of a disc I had left after surgery at W/H! Be careful and only do what you can, and work closely with your Attorney at this point, and keep them informed on everything going on!! I Wish the Very Best for You, and I'm Sorry the settlement didn't work out, I've been there and it's a real let down!!Wink

Lilly, Sorry to hear you are going through this...I just find it so sad that anyone wants to play games with people lives. And what is even sadder is they get away with it. I sure hope you get some where with getting your medications filled....So you do not have to live with pain...Keep us updated...stay strong...do not let them beat you down...we are here to support you all the way.

Shy 
Lilly,

Sorry to hear things did not work out for you with your settlement and I know you want this done with. The games WC plays with the lives of people is beyond pityful. The med game is so unnecessary.....just absurd. I pray things get better for you.

God Bless and Take care!

Cajun Hugsssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

lilly i hate to hear of the termal your going thru they shouldnt be alowed to hold back your meds what is this world coming to?i guess well all be down this same path before its over keep me in your prayers and i will you
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Lilly...this is just terrible...I hope this all gets worked out. You have to have your medications. When my husband was going through this I was just so disappointed in our health care system. We should not allow anyone to be in pain...my thoughts and prayers are with you... Carol
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the well wishes and words of wisdom. I still haven't heard anything on any possible progress w/ my meds....but geeze, my shoulder and surrounding skin is on fire it seems, and is getting hotter daily! Muscle relaxers are worthless for the degree of spasms (or cramps) I'm having. My normal happy nature is being affected by this, I've been a royal "B" lately....and the Lexapro can't seem to override all the bawling & feeling sorry for myself...sorry to vent, but simply need to let it out i guess. I appreciate you all & thanks again for your kind words. I'll keep you posted IF IC ever takes action!
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

sorry girl but you need the ER now.................. depression isnt anything to mess with and it sounds like lexapro isnt helping much.....and just maybe if you explain all to doc....he can call his office or a doc friends office and get you a lein appt and some sample meds or at least generic meds........some docs have a heart and will help you out dont delay for your own sake
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Lilly

I don't know if any of the meds you are using is on the WalMart $4.00 list, it may be worth checking out.

Also check out the following information

For help with prescription medications.

http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com

http://www.PPARx.org

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  25 liberal/Democrat jokes to start your day bodybuilder1958 13 76,285 04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Back to playing more games Manley2 15 7,093 04-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Can I re-wind last week? Start over? Delete? bodybuilder1958 4 3,958 04-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Last Post: jayne
  I start work on Monday bodybuilder1958 1 2,796 07-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I have been told I'm fired....lol. bronco54501 5 2,993 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Schawn Man an update & games Bummer Knees 8 5,709 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM
  Games by my lawyer and respondent bodybuilder1958 3 3,557 06-21-2011, 11:06 PM
  WC games at pre-op tests bodybuilder1958 6 6,659 04-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  How To Start The New Year................ chrischris 2 3,637 12-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Worst Joke CompBob! Ever Told admin 5 6,059 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Wink