Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers to stop oil spill
Here's something I've never said before.... "Well said, Jayne".

ace25 Wrote:I can't believe it. Those evil energy companies are after your gas? Terrible. I am sure that you have stopped driving and turned off all energy consuming devices in order to do your part to make sure there is no need for that energy.

After all, people who live in (and heat and cool) big castles should not throw stones.

So people being concerned about the food chain, animals, people, and water, being contaminated with Heavy Metals, and Chemicals is wrong, not bad enough people lost their lives, and their bodies will never be found.

Yet, it is so easy to say people are throwing stones, for being concerned.

http://www.brockovich.com/
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

No, I am saying it is wrong to call people who hold different opinions "stupid". Of course we should be concerned with our environment. Of course we should want everyone and every company to act as responsibly as possible. But I also read posts where Regrets loves to take his 4 wheel jeep out into the snow, just because it is fun, and recognize that this is the same person condemning companies for going after "his" gas.

Jayne is right. We are all part of the problem, but only some of recognize that.

I have maintained that this is a tragic event. I have also said that it is not the end of life disaster that many make it out to be. Nature is very effective at healing her wounds. Do you know what the biggest oil spill in history was? It was the kuwaiti wells by a retreating Saddam Hussein. The sky is falling crowd said it would make that land unusable for 200 years, yet 20 years later it is largely resolved.

The second biggest spill in history was a blowout and explosion of a Mexican oil rig in the gulf in 1979. It flowednuncontrolled for months. I am willing to bet most here knew nothing of that, since the damage over the long haul was negligible.

Hearing someone complain about an uncared for stream that runs near a huge energy consuming building they put up nearby strikes me as a tad hypocritical.

jayne Wrote:oh everyone is gonna scream and holler everytime one of these wells have a problem ...but it is the same ones who scream and hollor when gas goes over 2 bucks a gallon......you cannot have both with any well there could be problems hell water wells here can spew gasses......you mess with mother nature you are gonna get burnt...you dont want oil or gas wells? learn to live as the Amish do when you can do that you have the right to cry about the problems oil and gas wells make.....every time you suse drop of oil or gas you are are part of the problem,that includes mass transit,electric,sewer or water pumped to your home......we are a nation of energy pigs....we cant complain about what they have to do to get it to us...

And that is why, people got injured and die, because some didn't care enough. If safety and human life isn't a good reason to be concerned, then what is? I'm sure even the Amish, or a Backwoods Christian Church has concerns for human life. To not be concerned is ignorant... But, my , my, when they double their Property Taxes, listen to them scream, right Jayne.... The house that the church built cost you dearly this year....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

jayne Wrote:oh everyone is gonna scream and holler everytime one of these wells have a problem ...but it is the same ones who scream and hollor when gas goes over 2 bucks a gallon......you cannot have both with any well there could be problems hell water wells here can spew gasses......you mess with mother nature you are gonna get burnt...you dont want oil or gas wells? learn to live as the Amish do when you can do that you have the right to cry about the problems oil and gas wells make.....every time you suse drop of oil or gas you are are part of the problem,that includes mass transit,electric,sewer or water pumped to your home......we are a nation of energy pigs....we cant complain about what they have to do to get it to us...

Funny as since 5/29 we didn't have to read such junk, and yet, here we are again.... ROTFLMAO...Tongue

A, Well since you have never been to this so called "huge energy consuming building" you as usual have no idea what you are talking about. The house was built with every energy saving device that was feasible. We have had very few people who are not energy conscious stay there. Of course you are going to have the very few people who say "hey we don't have to worry about running the AC and the kids leaving the doors open at the same time, because we don't have to pay for it". but they will never have the opportunity to stay there again. By the way I was using the word stupid as meaning, slow to apprehend, or to grasp mentally.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

backache Wrote:A, Well since you have never been to this so called "huge energy consuming building" you as usual have no idea what you are talking about. The house was built with every energy saving device that was feasible. We have had very few people who are not energy conscious stay there. Of course you are going to have the very few people who say "hey we don't have to worry about running the AC and the kids leaving the doors open at the same time, because we don't have to pay for it". but they will never have the opportunity to stay there again. By the way I was using the word stupid as meaning, slow to apprehend, or to grasp mentally.

Couldn't have been said any better then that...

May I also add that Backache and family do not live at the Castle!!!!! But rent it out as income. Like in Motel/Resort..... And I agree with BBBB things had just started to settle down on here, Is the BS going to start all over again???????

Ace, You are Once again going Out in Left Field and Speaking with Incorrect Info. I never Said it was "MY GAS", and with My Injury the Only Time My Jeep went out This Year was to take Care of My Family when I had to Pick Them up as They didn't have Power for a Week, and had to Live Here. I had to Take My Son Daily to Check His Home as it was Hidden from the Road and could be Broken into Easily. I Said when I was Younger I Loved to go Out on Roads no One had been on Before and Drive, but with My Injury it could be Life Threatening if I were to be in an Accident or get Stuck and not able to Get Out, as I can't get Myself Out of a Ditch as I Used to. So Why You Call it "MY GAS", and Mention Me Driving around in My Jeep holds absolutely No Bearing. Number One, My Vehicle doesn't Run on the "Natural Gas" being Extracted, and I don't Complain about Gas Prices, I only Drive Less than 6,000 Miles a Year Now. So it Boils Down that it Seems You and Others want to Start the Argue Game Again! Not going to Happen as Far as I'm Concerned Ace, so get Your Facts Straight, and Find someone Else to Egg on, as I'm Not Interested! Have a Great Day, and May God Bless Your Soul!!Smile

And You should Learn Where a Person Lives, and How They Prepared Their Rental Property before You Talk about Heating Castles! I Have been There Many Times, and Backache and Her Husband Showed Me the Money Saving Energy Devices They Paid Dearly for to Make the Castle as Energy Efficient as Possible, and They don't Live There!Tongue
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

ACE, a Stream that was once filled with Trout and other fish, is a great cause for attention, as all the fish are now gone, due to chemical, and heavy metal contamination..... It was only uncared for by the company that could cared less by dumping into it... But, come on ACE, doesn't a Stream flow water that goes into the water table? If everyone sat back, done nothing, everything would die around them...

Or do we not remember the, this causes child birth concerns, and cancers?

http://www.brockovich.com/ Remember this story too....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to stop fraud against the IW California_Help 17 17,856 10 hours ago
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Alzebik stop spamming this site California_Help 5 5,044 12-11-2018, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Vestin
  BP oil spill news hurt at work 1 2,391 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Stop bodybuilder1958 4 4,360 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Wacky Wallenda’s And A Sarasota Skywalk Stop Work At WorkersCompensation.com Offices admin 22 15,506 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: jayne
  CBS Didn't Stop Him Bummer Knees 11 10,165 06-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Last Post: MJC
  vickie stop RNvic 6 5,059 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Bacteria... Stop That Germ Bad Boy Bad Boy 17 8,967 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Last Post: imsckofit